• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Travel2Much

Beach Lover
Jun 13, 2005
My bike path map indicates that there is a path North of 30A and east of 395, say near Deer Lake Park. It says one entrance is around Nature Walk and one off of 30A near Watersound. But, I cannot find the entrance off of 30A near Watersound. All there seems to be is a walking path (little hikers on the sign) and a "no admittance" place for park workers.

Does this bike path entrance actually exist? Or, do you have to go to 395 to pick it up?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Travel2Much said:
My bike path map indicates that there is a path North of 30A and east of 395, say near Deer Lake Park. It says one entrance is around Nature Walk and one off of 30A near Watersound. But, I cannot find the entrance off of 30A near Watersound. All there seems to be is a walking path (little hikers on the sign) and a "no admittance" place for park workers.

Does this bike path entrance actually exist? Or, do you have to go to 395 to pick it up?

I am not sure about the WaterSound entry, but there is one at Cassine Gardens. I am sure the trail head is probably there if it is on the map, but they can be hard to spot if you know not exactly where you are looking. You may be better able to find it by starting on 395 and making the loop. I usually walk that trail's short loop and have not made it all the way around the big loop.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Welcome back TTM. How have you been?

Travel2Much

Beach Lover
Jun 13, 2005
Sueshore said:
Welcome back TTM. How have you been?

I am good, thanks, 16 states later (road trip to NYC after Rita) and who knows how many miles on the car. Back in NOLA, doing volunteer work while waiting for work to start and doing repairs on the house, which did not flood. Damage will be about $2.00 above or below the deductible. So, very lucky but broke. Have my house and job, better than most I know.

Maybe it is the Cassine Garden entrance I see on the map. Will be out there for a few days to get away from Blue Roofs and FEMA and want to bike a lot.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Travel2Much said:
I am good, thanks, 16 states later (road trip to NYC after Rita) and who knows how many miles on the car. Back in NOLA, doing volunteer work while waiting for work to start and doing repairs on the house, which did not flood. Damage will be about $2.00 above or below the deductible. So, very lucky but broke. Have my house and job, better than most I know.

Maybe it is the Cassine Garden entrance I see on the map. Will be out there for a few days to get away from Blue Roofs and FEMA and want to bike a lot.

:clap_1:

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Travel2Much said:

My brother is down there now working. He got bit by a german shepard yesterday.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Does anyone know if that map is online somewhere?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
katie blue said:
Does anyone know if that map is online somewhere?
It is online. I will try to find it.

I searched but cannot find it, although I have seen it online somewhere in the past.:dunno:

Last edited:

Travel2Much

Beach Lover
Jun 13, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
Found it. Here you go.

Pt Washington State Forest

Eastern Lake Bike Trail

FYI- For the record, Cassine Gardens is not a public entrance. It is privately owned property.

Hmmm. That seems to indicate that there is no 30A East entrance, as state lands cut off b/f the private property edging 30A (I think that would be "Prominence"?). But, I am virtually certain that the paper map from the tourist center in my drawer in SoWal had an entrance on 30A. Like, maybe an easement of the state to 30A (they must have one, since they have an entrance there for them). Maybe not....

Grrr. Just don't want to have to ride all the way up to Nature Walk, do the loop, and ride all the way back. Too much exercise! Plus, I hate riding on 395. Nicer to cut down to 30A and go home.