• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

reelgirl

Beach Comber
Dec 26, 2006
Okay this is one of the most difficult things I have to do but due to circumstances beyond my control (MOVING) there is no exceptions on dogs I have to find a home for my sweet Daisy.
She is a rescue , My family rescued her from a young man that had her tied to a tree and didn?t feed her because he wanted to watch a dog starve to death, that was about 4years ago. Today as she was the first day I met her is the sweetest most loving dog. I will be honest she is a bit energetic but understands commands such as come, sit, stay. She LOVES to play ball she will give the ball right back to you just to have you throw it again. She is a very smart dog, loves, loves kids. The only problem I have with her is jumping, she gets very excited to see her owner and jumps up on you, we have worked on that but she still needs work in that area. If your looking for a loyal, smart, sweet, loving companion Daisy is your gal. She has had all shots and is spayed. She does better having a backyard but loves being inside she is housebroken. Serious inquires only with lots of love and attention to give her. PM for more info
I have to tried to post pictures but it fails please any advice on how to get the pictures to upload appreciated.

View attachment 13415

View attachment 13416

Last edited by a moderator:

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
I thought Kurt was offering to take her. Black Lab for him, Yellow for Tootsie!!!!

reelgirl

Beach Comber
Dec 26, 2006
your Daisy will be so traumatized by this .....cant you find a way to keep her with you, it sounds like this sweet girl has had enough trauma in her life.:cry:

I wish I could keep her I have done everything I can but there is no way. I love her and it is very hard, but I try not to project how I feel as a human to how she will do as a dog with the right family. That is why I posted on SOWAL, I know there are many dog lovers on here and I'm hoping to find the right match for her.

Last edited by a moderator:

reelgirl

Beach Comber
Dec 26, 2006
No offers on sweet Daisy... she is not a dog with issues I hope I didn't sound as though she had problems. She is a sweet, loving dog that also loves children and other dogs. I must find a home soon if anyone has ideas on where I could place her or if anyone needs a new addition please contact me. Thanks.

SneakyPete

Beach Lover
May 8, 2009
You know, people move with animals all the time. Why do people think that just because they are moving they need to rehome their animals -- and furthermore, why do they assume that finding a new home for their pet will be easy? I mean, if YOU don't want your pet, why would anyone else? It's harsh but true. There are far too many pets and far too few homes, and if you're trying to place your pet, your (adult) pet is essentially competing against every large-eyed puppy in the area for a limited number of homes. That means that many hundreds of ADOPTABLE pets in our county are put down EVERY MONTH. Those of us who rescue, foster and volunteer have homes full of animals. Our families suffer. Our marriages suffer. And WE suffer simply because we can never put a dent in the flow of unwanted animals -- though the phone never stops ringing because someone got my number and they have a "great dog that they can't keep."

I do hope someone can help Daisy, but there are hundreds of Daisies out there, and if Daisy finds a home that means scores of other Daisies will be killed for lack of a home.

I get so frustrated because even though my pets are a substantial burden (financially and emotionally) I take my responsibilities very very seriously, and I would never move to a place where they could not go with me. To me, that's the equivalent of leaving a child at an orphanage and not looking back. Dogs feel and remember. I know there are legitimate reasons to rehome a pet, but "moving" isn't typically one of them.

reelgirl

Beach Comber
Dec 26, 2006
You know, people move with animals all the time. Why do people think that just because they are moving they need to rehome their animals -- and furthermore, why do they assume that finding a new home for their pet will be easy? I mean, if YOU don't want your pet, why would anyone else? It's harsh but true. There are far too many pets and far too few homes, and if you're trying to place your pet, your (adult) pet is essentially competing against every large-eyed puppy in the area for a limited number of homes. That means that many hundreds of ADOPTABLE pets in our county are put down EVERY MONTH. Those of us who rescue, foster and volunteer have homes full of animals. Our families suffer. Our marriages suffer. And WE suffer simply because we can never put a dent in the flow of unwanted animals -- though the phone never stops ringing because someone got my number and they have a "great dog that they can't keep."

I do hope someone can help Daisy, but there are hundreds of Daisies out there, and if Daisy finds a home that means scores of other Daisies will be killed for lack of a home.

I get so frustrated because even though my pets are a substantial burden (financially and emotionally) I take my responsibilities very very seriously, and I would never move to a place where they could not go with me. To me, that's the equivalent of leaving a child at an orphanage and not looking back. Dogs feel and remember. I know there are legitimate reasons to rehome a pet, but "moving" isn't typically one of them.
I had no intentions on getting on SOWAL to explain to you are anyone why I have to move, or "rehome" my sweet daisy, but I will say this I have 4 dogs all rescues.. I have spent money I didn't have to keep the dogs I have taken in healthy. My mother has 5 rescue dogs, I stop in the middle of the road to move a turtle. I have given always to charities to help homeless animals , and while some of what your saying is true do not point your finger at me, when you are clueless. One of my favorite quotes has always been "I like cats, dogs, lizards and sometimes people" and you are a classic example of why so many people feel this way. You get on a soapbox without facts, not a good idea. I believe in some of what your trying to say but you directed it toward the wrong animal lover.
Keep taking your responsibilities very serious, and keep helping the animal world its a wonderful rewarding experience, but before you judge there could be a a very legit reason to have to make such a hard choice.
For all those that PM'd me and understand the reasons for having to "rehome" daisy thank you for your interest and concern. Daisy is still within the famiy and is doing very well.