• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Missplaced

Beach Lover
Jun 17, 2007
The library and Franks are closed today. Anyone know where I might find the blue recycling bags on a Sunday? TIA

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Botton shelf o' the watercolor publix. They do an amazing job of hiding, so if you hit charcoal you're too far left, TP/paper towels you're too far right. Even though I know they're there it takes me a couple minutes to find them.

I think they are more user friendly/sturdy than the free bags, but that may just be because of their smaller capacity.

Missplaced

Beach Lover
Jun 17, 2007
Thanks for the help jdarg & scooterbug. Found 'em. We use bins at home, didn't even know you could buy recycling bags!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
We were using the bags and putting them out with the other trash until all the questions came up about whether or not the recycling trash was really being sorted. So I sort aluminum, paper, glass, and plastic, put it is the blue bags, and take it to the recycling trailers.

Missplaced

Beach Lover
Jun 17, 2007
Just curious, who benefits from the recycled returnable bottles and cans here? We take them to recycling at home because all the money goes to the local food shelves.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Just curious, who benefits from the recycled returnable bottles and cans here? We take them to recycling at home because all the money goes to the local food shelves.

There is not a returnable program as far as getting back bottle/can deposits. Boy did I make some change off that growing up around here. I think they did away with it in the seventies.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
We were using the bags and putting them out with the other trash until all the questions came up about whether or not the recycling trash was really being sorted. So I sort aluminum, paper, glass, and plastic, put it is the blue bags, and take it to the recycling trailers.

Another convert...

If you're going to all the trouble to save it, sort it, rinse it, etc., it is just disconcerting to think it might all wind up in the landfill anyway because of shortcomings of the blue bag process.