• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
bluegroundfinalcover2x2.JPG

Blueground Undergrass
Wed, March 28
Baytowne Wharf
6:00pm - 8:00pm

Sample video from Magnolia Fest '06

Free show, and a great band, comprised of musicians who have played with, or in, bands such as Col. Bruce Hampton’s Aquarium Rescue Unit, Athens, Ga's very own Normaltown Flyers, Widespread Panic, Jerry Reed, Captain Soularcat, and a few others.

Bring your beach chairs or blanket, and your favorite beverage upon which to sip, or favorite snacks upon which to munch.

Last edited:

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
bluegroundfinalcover2x2.JPG

Blueground Undergrass
Wed, March 28
Baytowne Wharf
6:00pm - 8:00pm

Sample video from Magnolia Fest '06

Free show, and a great band, comprised of musicians who have played with, or in, bands such as Col. Bruce Hampton?s Aquarium Rescue Unit, Athens, Ga's very own Normaltown Flyers, Widespread Panic, Jerry Reed, Captain Soularcat, and a few others.

Bring your beach chairs or blanket, and your favorite beverage upon which to sip, or favorite snacks upon which to munch.

I thought Baytowne frowned regarding "BYO" I was under the impression they expect you support they're suppliers at $5.00 a beer?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I thought Baytowne frowned regarding "BYO" I was under the impression they expect you support they're suppliers at $5.00 a beer?
I am sure they frown, so remember that when you are sneaking in your bevarages past the security guards whom I haven't seen. Or, buy your $5 Budweiser or $8 mixed drink in the bar next to the stage.

Last edited:

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Makes me miss our other home, SJ, good ol' Athens! Makes me want a dose of the Nowhere Bar, Roadhouse, GA Theater, 40 Watt.... I just might have to head that way.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Makes me miss our other home, SJ, good ol' Athens! Makes me want a dose of the Nowhere Bar, Roadhouse, GA Theater, 40 Watt.... I just might have to head that way.
Oh, those days were good, but long ago. Give me a sunset on the beach anyday over the dark Roadhouse. I wish I had a camera back in the days of old.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Sounds great. did you see them at Springfest?

i did, three times, and some of it will end up on my server.

for anyone who hasn't seen them, do yourself a favor and go. you will be quite happy you did. an excellent bunch of musicians.

if you don't go, the only excuse is to be watching the REP show with me.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Yeah, I can look back with a smile (on what I remember! ;-) ) but I do prefer the sunsets on the beach. And I am glad I didn't have a camera back then. :shock:

Geoff & I were just talking last night about not wanting to be anywhere else in this world. Even the traffic of Pensacola was too much for us yesterday.:blink:

I'll still have to go, just to smile at my crazy 20's and thank the universe about where I am with my family today.:love:

Oh, those days were good, but long ago. Give me a sunset on the beach anyday over the dark Roadhouse. I wish I had a camera back in the days of old.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I think the Mers want to go...those dancin' fools...

We played "tourist" last week and went to Baytowne- took the "park and ride" boat launch over and that was funn! Lots for the kids to do there too.

Last edited: