• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

supermom262

Beach Fanatic
Nov 5, 2006
Grayton Beach
If you would like to come out and support the community by attending the County Commissioner's meeting on Monday at 4:00, we need to show how much we want a park here in South Walton!

There is a grant being written that is awarded based on a point system. This grant is needed for us to help fund the park. The more people that attend this meeting, the more points we are awarded. We are diligently working on planning a great community park, with a swimming pool, playground, multi-use field, cross country trail, recreation building and more!

There are other special interest groups attending as well. The more organized we are the better! We decided to wear a yellow shirt to distinguish ourselves from the other groups. This is not necessary but would help to show the numbers of supporters. If you are a part of Sowal and will be here on Monday, please come out and help us make a park for all of our Sowal Families (those on the board here and the rest of the people in South Walton) and future friends! Bring your kids, parents, grandparents, neighbors - whomever!

SGB or Beachmom, please feel free to add on or make corrections if needed!

Thanks!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Bump!! And this will be bumped several times a day until meeting time.

Do kids count as points?:dunno: :D

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I need to buy or borrow a yellow shirt! Yellow is "not a good color on me", so I don't have one!:lol:

I am assuming the more screaming yellow, the better, right? And what time is the Playpark on the agenda?

Beachmom

Beach Fanatic
Sep 7, 2006
Grayton Beach!
Me either...Maybe yellow and lime green???

supermom262

Beach Fanatic
Nov 5, 2006
Grayton Beach
Me either...Maybe yellow and lime green???

LIME GREEN IS THE COLOR OF THE MIRAMAR PARKING LOT GROUP!

Any shade of yellow will do - lt, dk, screaming! If yellow doesn't work for everyone, choose another color except Lime Green!:D

supermom262

Beach Fanatic
Nov 5, 2006
Grayton Beach
Beachmom made a comment, the meeting starts at 4:00. We are not sure what time we will be on the agenda. If there is enough kids, we might be moved up to get us out of there more quickly! Meaning, bring snacks and crayons or something to occupy kids with, just in case! Maybe we could all go out for dinner after? Just a suggestion!

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
We're there & count as 4!!!!!!:D Y'all are awesome!

I'm with ya on the yellow, JDarg. I'll have to find something.....