• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
February 27, 2007 BCC meeting
AGENDA
WALTON COUNTY​
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS​
February 27, 2007​
The Walton County Board of Commissioners will hold their regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 beginning at 4:00 PM at the South Walton Courthouse Annex,
located at 31 Coastal Centre Boulevard, Santa Rosa Beach, FL.

4:55 PM Ronnie E. Bell, County Administrator
1. Federal Recognition of the Muscogee Nation of Florida
2. Consideration to purchase Chick Huettel/Bayou Arts Property :)idontno:)

5:05 PM Pat Blackshear, Growth Management
1. HCP Grant Contract Approval
2. Approval of Ecological Associates? Proposal to do the HCP

5:15 PM Mike Burke, Interim County Attorney
1. Update on Cortez Thompson V. Herring and Walton County

5:20 PM Commissioner Cindy Meadows, District Five
1. Scenic Corridor Designation Update

5:30 PM Commissioner Sara Comander, District Four

5:35 PM Commissioner Larry D. Jones, District Three

5:40 PM Commissioner Scott Brannon, District One
1. Morrison Springs Update

5:50 PM Chairman Kenneth Pridgen, District Two

5:55 PM Additional Public Comments

6:00 PM Public Hearing/Quasi Judicial Items
1. Pat Blackshear ? Final Order Extension for Old Pointe Washington
2. Pat Blackshear ? Sand Dollar Villas Final Order Extension
3. Final Plat Approval for Bayview Garden Estates
4. Final Plat approval for Baywalk Commerce Park
5. Final Plat approval for Alligator Point
6. Final Plat approval for Sugar Sands Estates
7. Lighting Ordinance Public Hearing
8. Traffic Concurrency Ordinance Public Hearing
9. Aquarian Development VII, LLC
10. Rose Haven Townhomes
11. West Shore Phase II
12. Watersound North NOCP Number 1
13. Alaqua Landing A/K/A Piney Point Estates
14. Nature Walk Beach Club PUD
15. Chat Holley Townhomes
16. CR 30 A Townhomes

Adjourn

Times are approximate and may not be strictly adhered t

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
We went to Bayou Arts last week, and he mentioned this- the store inventory was low because they were waiting on the outcome of this meeting.

I'm guessing because the property has historic significance?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
We went to Bayou Arts last week, and he mentioned this- the store inventory was low because they were waiting on the outcome of this meeting.

I'm guessing because the property has historic significance?
I thought maybe the County was trying to acquire it to become a part of Cessna Landing, a County Park. I know they have been trying to improve some of the parks and Bay accesses. Would the County really buy it for historical purposes? Did Chick say anything in particular that led you to that thought? You know, he will soon be your neighbor if they ever finish building his home.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I thought maybe the County was trying to acquire it to become a part of Cessna Landing, a County Park. I know they have been trying to improve some of the parks and Bay accesses. Would the County really buy it for historical purposes? Did Chick say anything in particular that led you to that thought? You know, he will soon be your neighbor if they ever finish building his home.

He had been telling us about the old town, and the buildings still standing, and the history of the area, and before that had mentioned that they weren't adding inventory until they knew whether or not they would be remaining after the county hearing. Now it kinda makes sense. I was just guessing about why the county would want it- and acquiring it to add to the park would be preferable to a developer doing something with it.

If this meeting was at 4, is it over? And does anyone know the outcome of the Nature Walk stuff?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
He had been telling us about the old town, and the buildings still standing, and the history of the area, and before that had mentioned that they weren't adding inventory until they knew whether or not they would be remaining after the county hearing. Now it kinda makes sense. I was just guessing about why the county would want it- and acquiring it to add to the park would be preferable to a developer doing something with it.

If this meeting was at 4, is it over? And does anyone know the outcome of the Nature Walk stuff?

The meeting is tomorrow.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Yes, but what does that have to do with Tuesday's meeting on the 27th? Did I screw up and type the wrong day? :blush: To clarify, the meeting is Tuesday, Feb 27, 2007.

You didn't screw up. I keep thinking today is Tuesday. I have lost a day somewhere.

seagrover

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2004
Seagrove Beach, FL

jimmyp5

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove
I was told last night that NatureWalk asked for a two-week continuance at the BoCC, and that the item was not heard ..... can anyone confirm or deny this please? Does anyone know which issues are being "ironed out" before this goes to the public hearing?