• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
Where are the best places to dry store a boat in the SoWal area...I'm looking for a covered place that can put me in and out pretty quickly and can also service if needed...any suggestions and what the monthly rate is?...Red

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
We have a friend that stores there - I beleive it was around $10.00 a foot per month for in and out (This was a couple of years ago)

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
is there anything closer...say north side of 331 bridge on one of the canals...i was just hoping to not have to drive all the way to destin...heard of a David Marina location on the south side of the bay...anybody know?...Red

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
redfisher said:
is there anything closer...say north side of 331 bridge on one of the canals...i was just hoping to not have to drive all the way to destin...heard of a David Marina location on the south side of the bay...anybody know?...Red
Other than a regular storage unit, there is not a dry boat storage unit anywhere other than Legendary in this area. Perhaps over in PC.

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
There was a place called "Wildman's" (Wildmon's - ??) run by a guy named Dave Wildmon on 331 with a launch into Mallet Bayou. I don't know if he is still in business or not.

Take 331 north about six or eight miles past the Choctawhatchee Bay. He is on the left just north of Mallet Bayou Rd. If you pass Lagrange Rd. you've gone too far.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
SlowMovin said:
There was a place called "Wildman's" (Wildmon's - ??) run by a guy named Dave Wildmon on 331 with a launch into Mallet Bayou. I don't know if he is still in business or not.

Take 331 north about six or eight miles past the Choctawhatchee Bay. He is on the left just north of Mallet Bayou Rd. If you pass Lagrange Rd. you've gone too far.
Does or did he have dry storage units for boats?

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
Does or did he have dry storage units for boats?
He did, but it wasn't a huge facility. I think there were covered units similar to standard, metal-building storage units. Some of the people just parked them on trailers and put boat covers over them. There was no in-water storage (i.e. no docks or pilings to tie up to).

That area of the bayou tends to be shallow, even during the summer. You need a boat with very little draft. Sailboats had better have the removable type keel.

I haven't seen any boats coming from that end of the bayou for awhile, so I'm wondering if he's still around. I should probably stop in sometime. I spoke to him briefly once--he seemed like a good guy.

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
By the way, this place should not be confused with 331 Marine, which is a mile or two farther north on 331. They might offer dry storage (not-covered, just trailer parking) as well, although they're pretty full-up if they do.