• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShoMeTheBeach

Beach Comber
May 16, 2005
St. Louis, MO
In Kurt's top ten things to do, one of them was have a bonfire on the beach with friends. Is that legal???

This year is my first trip there, but it seems like with all the emphasis on conservation of the beautiful white beaches, bonfires would be "frowned upon." :nono1:

If they're not, I think snuggling up on the beach with hubby by a small fire at sunset sounds heavenly.

Nancy

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
ShoMeTheBeach said:
In Kurt's top ten things to do, one of them was have a bonfire on the beach with friends. Is that legal???

This year is my first trip there, but it seems like with all the emphasis on conservation of the beautiful white beaches, bonfires would be "frowned upon." :nono1:

If they're not, I think snuggling up on the beach with hubby by a small fire at sunset sounds heavenly.

Nancy

Yah it's great. You must now get a permit from the county - see the links page. I think it's $50 bucks and they give you a container.

FoX said:
:lolabove:

Fire rentals, if you can book one - are $75/hour. :roll: This ain't the Nooga.

Wonder what this would cost?

IMG_1817.JPG

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
When the wife and I have a bonfire in our yard, we use an old washing machine tub. I know this sounds like white trash, but I found a stainless one and it looks pretty nice. You put a handle on it and move it wherever you want.

Here's a picture of a similar one.

image1_640x480.jpg

Landlocked said:
When the wife and I have a bonfire in our yard, we use an old washing machine tub. I know this sounds like white trash, but I found a stainless one and it looks pretty nice. You put a handle on it and move it wherever you want.

Here's a picture of a similar one.

image1_640x480.jpg

Now there's an idea :cool:

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
I found mine on the side of the highway. This old fella apparently collects old refrigerators and washing machines for parts. :dunno: He sold it to me for ten bucks. And it is a heck of a lot lighter than the terracotta fireplace thing on my back porch.