• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ryan c

Beach Comber
Aug 11, 2009
Recently, I moved from a classroom with ample built-in storage to a classroom with no built-in storage. I figure my post is a long shot, but I also thought, "What the heck, I'll give it a shot"....

I'm looking for a someone to build some weathered wood bookshelves (the kind that are of the grayish color and look to be right out of the ocean). The bookshelf would need to be about 3.5 feet high and about 6 feet long. I have 3,200 books and my classroom is centered around an ample supply of books for the students. Over the past few years, my classroom library has really made a difference in the students reading levels and most have shown true interest in becoming lifelong learners through reading. I can't pay that much (there's allotted money for each teacher), but it would probably lead to more business seeing as though half of the teaching staff are moving to new rooms with no built-in storage.

If anyone could help out, please give me a call at (504)858-2224.

ryan c

Beach Comber
Aug 11, 2009
Sorry for the confusion...

I would actually need 3 of the shelving units mentioned. My 3,200 books aren't all novels (some are leveled readers that are paperback and can be stored in a cabinet or other book display). I have approximately 1,000 books that would be shelved and displayed on the units requested. My deadline would be by the last week of July. The budget would be max of $400.00 and the school where I teach is Butler. Thanks for the response!
Ryan

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I build things out of driftwood, maybe I can help.

Attachments

• 5x7 frame w photo (Large).jpg
    5x7 frame w photo (Large).jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 48
  • framed dog (Large).jpg
    framed dog (Large).jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 48
  • framed map (Large).jpg
    framed map (Large).jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 55
  • framed map b (Large).jpg
    framed map b (Large).jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 46

surferjoet

Beach Lover
Mar 21, 2009
SRB
recycle wood laying around

I could use some of that older used lumber laying butler currently and build some nice book shelves for the coat of glue and nails. Let me know if we can work something out.