• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

toosassyforyou

Beach Comber
Aug 18, 2009
Savannah, GA
I've been searching the web trying to find a good home for my male (neutered), 4 yr old, fawn boxer. I want to adopt him out to a loving home with no small children. He's in good health and has been on heartgard and flea preventative consistently since he was a pup. He is current on all his vaccinations including borella (lyme disease) and bordatella (kennel cough). He's very high energy and demands a lot of attention. He has been through obedience training and knows his commands, even hand signals. I've got to find a home for him by this Friday! :cry: I'm not asking for any money, just assurance that he'll have a wonderful life with his new owner/owners. I'm willing to call with more details and send pics if interested in adopting him. If you are interested or know anyone who might be, please e-mail me at: toosassyforyou@yahoo.com . Thanks in Advance!
Savannah, GA

kkddbb

Banned
May 13, 2009
respectfully, ill never figure out why people get a pet and give it up later on down the road. i simply cant think of an excuse to abandon an animal. that said, i hope you find a good home for him as he desperately deserves one as all animals do. i would take him if i didnt have enough of my own. good luck

toosassyforyou

Beach Comber
Aug 18, 2009
Savannah, GA
I've had my boxer since he was 6 weeks old. I love my dog! I've also worked as a vet asst. and have seen all kinds of sad cases where the animal is sick or just unwanted. Unfortunaltly, people euthanize or abondon animals everyday for unjustified reasoning. If you want to know why I'm tring to find my dog a good home with no small children I'll tell you. Last Thurs. evening he snapped at my 1 year old son and got his face. Thank GOD my son wasn't hurt! The dog has never shown any signs of aggression, and I can't think of a good excuse for his behavior that night. My son comes first!! I think the dog made a mistake, but I'm not going to give him another chance and have my son hurt again. If you think poorly of me, so be it. Every mother I've talked to says I'm doing the right thing. I don't want to sell him, just give him a better home with no kids. I'd rather see him go to a good home, then be put down.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I've had my boxer since he was 6 weeks old. I love my dog! I've also worked as a vet asst. and have seen all kinds of sad cases where the animal is sick or just unwanted. Unfortunaltly, people euthanize or abondon animals everyday for unjustified reasoning. If you want to know why I'm tring to find my dog a good home with no small children I'll tell you. Last Thurs. evening he snapped at my 1 year old son and got his face. Thank GOD my son wasn't hurt! The dog has never shown any signs of aggression, and I can't think of a good excuse for his behavior that night. My son comes first!! I think the dog made a mistake, but I'm not going to give him another chance and have my son hurt again. If you think poorly of me, so be it. Every mother I've talked to says I'm doing the right thing. I don't want to sell him, just give him a better home with no kids. I'd rather see him go to a good home, then be put down.

So sorry to hear this for you. I agree that your child needs to come first. I've had a boxer/lab mix that just out of the blue when it was about 4 years old started snapping at our cats first, then later bit my foot, then started attacking any dog that came near. He became very jealous of us when dogs came around even on a leash. It became a real problem. I would not wait too long and definitely keep him away from your child.

Good luck and do not feel guilty for what you are doing. There are many reasons why people have to give up pets..... Financial situations, an unforeseen move that does not allow pets (unfortunately some places who accept children will not accept an animal), domestic problems (divorce), having to move in with an elderly parent to take care of them, etc. I don't believe all people get pets just to give them up when things get a bit rough......sometimes there is just no other way to control circumstances.

I can see this is not an easy thing for you to do and I feel for you. :sosad: Good luck tsfu. Sowal.com is a good starting place. Have you looked into a Boxer Rescue organization? I've heard that breed organizations that do rescues are really good finding a match for the dog.

kkddbb

Banned
May 13, 2009

wow! sorry to hear that. a similiar thing happened to a good friend of mine recently. but, theres a reason for this i truly believe. theres a reason why he just went at him all of a sudden. was your dog jelous of your son? does your dog feel left out all of a sudden? the list goes on and on and all of which could absolutely effect his sudden reactions. ive just never been a believer that a dog just randomly lashes out at someone. bottom line, i truly hope you find him a good home. i just cant bare what he'll be thinking when he leaves you all. it cant be easy for you so i hope theres a light at the end of this tunnel. take care

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Case of foot in mouth...maybe!

kkddbb, is his reason provided suitable enough, for ya?:dunno: I've rescued too many animals to mention and have a ten yr old Yorkie, that I adore! However, I'm thankful to see ANYONE wanting to provide a "better" home for their pet, if necessary! Life brings on new challenges and circumstances, that we sometimes cannot control and this is a prime example! I have no doubt that he will make sure that only the best home for his beloved pet, will be considered!:clap:
respectfully, ill never figure out why people get a pet and give it up later on down the road. i simply cant think of an excuse to abandon an animal. that said, i hope you find a good home for him as he desperately deserves one as all animals do. i would take him if i didnt have enough of my own. good luck

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
this is exactly the reason why, when my dog was a puppy, every night i would get directly in his face. i made it known to him that i would be in his face from then on and he would just have to live with it. now every night, while he's sleeping i get in his face and hug and kiss him good night.:roll: he's never snapped. and he thinks i'm the best thing ever.

good luck with your search.

Last edited:

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Awwwww

How sweet!!!!!:love: Your baby's a very blessed and obviously much loved member, of your family! I'm assuming that your avatar, is the special one! If so, adorable!!!!:love:
this is exactly the reason why, when my dog was a puppy, every night i would get directly in his face. i made it known to him that i would be in his face from then on and he would just have to live with it. now every night, while he's sleeping i get in his face and hug and kiss him good night.:roll: he's never snapped. and he thinks i'm the best thing ever.

good luck with your search.

toosassyforyou

Beach Comber
Aug 18, 2009
Savannah, GA
Thank you for being understanding! It is a very emotionally draining thing to go through. He's been a part of my family for 4 years. He grew up as my dog, and follows me everywhere. I think the baby coming into the picture a year ago might have made him a little jealous. I do have thoughts of "what if I did this or that", but a person can't live thier life like that. It would have happened regardless. The dog is posted on line through a boxer rescue. I've also got him registered through save a pet foundation, and some other on line websites.
I'm sorry to hear that your boxer/lab mix started showing signs of aggression.

So sorry to hear this for you. I agree that your child needs to come first. I've had a boxer/lab mix that just out of the blue when it was about 4 years old started snapping at our cats first, then later bit my foot, then started attacking any dog that came near. He became very jealous of us when dogs came around even on a leash. It became a real problem. I would not wait too long and definitely keep him away from your child.

Good luck and do not feel guilty for what you are doing. There are many reasons why people have to give up pets..... Financial situations, an unforeseen move that does not allow pets (unfortunately some places who accept children will not accept an animal), domestic problems (divorce), having to move in with an elderly parent to take care of them, etc. I don't believe all people get pets just to give them up when things get a bit rough......sometimes there is just no other way to control circumstances.

I can see this is not an easy thing for you to do and I feel for you. :sosad: Good luck tsfu. Sowal.com is a good starting place. Have you looked into a Boxer Rescue organization? I've heard that breed organizations that do rescues are really good finding a match for the dog.

enfuego

Beach Lover
May 10, 2007
Paradise
wow! sorry to hear that. a similiar thing happened to a good friend of mine recently. but, theres a reason for this i truly believe. theres a reason why he just went at him all of a sudden. was your dog jelous of your son? does your dog feel left out all of a sudden? the list goes on and on and all of which could absolutely effect his sudden reactions. ive just never been a believer that a dog just randomly lashes out at someone. bottom line, i truly hope you find him a good home. i just cant bare what he'll be thinking when he leaves you all. it cant be easy for you so i hope theres a light at the end of this tunnel. take care

Nice attempt at a recovery from your first short-sighted post on the subject...