• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
There was a seamstress/designer advertising on here that they did alterations and custom work - Janie G Couture I think.

Haven't heard any feedback on them and don't know about pricing, but I am sure they can handle it.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Help! Does anyone have any recommendations for a seamstress??? I need a bridesmaid dress altered. THANKS!

Talk to the lady at the dry cleaners at Watercolor Crossing. She did a small alteration for me. And I believe the dry cleaner at the new Publix on 98 advertises alterations.:wave:

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I used to do alterations at Brisch's Bridal in Pensacola, and worked for the Dutchman who was a taylor there too. Jeana at the Fabric Zoo has agreed to set up a place in her Santa Rosa Beach shop for this project.

HD Lady

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach
I have a friend who has worked professionally as a seamstress and recently re-made a wedding dress for her own daughter's wedding. She is a very nice person who is very talented. PM me if you are interested.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
FYI, the dry cleaners at the new Publix shopping center sends items to a lady in Fort Walton; you have to pin them yourself. Which is simply not an option for me.

If the dress needs to be made larger (which happened to all of our daughter's bridesmalds), check to see if the dress has removable seams so that you can just pull out a few threads and -- voil? -- it fits. Our daughter discovered this when she went with one of her bridesmaids to an alterations person. It was awesome, and of course no charge. I don't know if all bridesmaid dress designers do this, but Vera Wang does.