• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seaside Rep Theatre

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2006
loot.jpg

Seaside Rep presents

LOOT
a British farce by Joe Orton

Wednesdays - Saturdays at 7:30pm
June 7 - July 22
Meeting Hall Theatre
Tickets are $25 and can be purchased by calling 850.231.0733.
Group and membership discounts are available.

Read about LOOT:
LOOT showcases the provacative playwright, Joe Orton, who has been hailed as equal parts Oscar Wilde, Monty Python and Quentin Tarantino. This biting British comedy spins a frenzied web of conspiracies fueled by greed, lust and hypocrisy. Set in England in the mid 1960's, LOOT follows the fortunes of two inept young thieves, a seductive and murderous nurse, and an unsuspecting, pious patriarch. Against the backdrop of a funeral, the thieves rob the bank next to the funeral parlor and return home to hide the money. Upon the arrival of a comically brutal and corrupt Inspector, the plot twists as the guilt-ridden group tries to keep them off their trail. Under the guise of a classical farce, and with language reminiscent of Wilde and George Bernard Shaw, Orton creates a hilariously sinister world, satirizing mid-twentieth century attitudes and perceptions. LOOT has been described as a 'masterpiece of black farce,' and is as stinging and funny today as when it was first spilled from the wicked pen of notorious English playwright Joe Orton.

LOOT is sponsored by Destin Commons.
The 2006 Season is sponsored by Design and Design Services of Florida.
The 2006 Summer Series is sponsored in part by the Beaches of South Walton.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
:welcome: Seaside Rep!! If this play is as good as the Sinatra one I saw during Spring Break, it will be great! Luckily for us, we'll be down to the beach 3 days after opening night, so we'll be able to catch this one.

For those of you who haven't been to the theatre at Seaside, GO!! It's a nice small theatre and the actors do a bang-up job every time. We're lucky to have something of this calibre in SoWal.

:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Mermaid said:
:welcome: Seaside Rep!! If this play is as good as the Sinatra one I saw during Spring Break, it will be great! Luckily for us, we'll be down to the beach 3 days after opening night, so we'll be able to catch this one.

For those of you who haven't been to the theatre at Seaside, GO!! It's a nice small theatre and the actors do a bang-up job every time. We're lucky to have something of this calibre in SoWal.

:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:
Sinatra was good, but I bet Loot is 10 times better than Sinatra. I am all over this one.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
steele mama said:
Planning to see it on Saturday, June 10...LOK. :D

Steele Mama, save a seat for Merman and me! We'll swing by the ticket office and get tickets that afternoon for the same performance you'll be at. We should be arriving at the beach some time on Friday--same with you?

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
Mermaid said:
Steele Mama, save a seat for Merman and me! We'll swing by the ticket office and get tickets that afternoon for the same performance you'll be at. We should be arriving at the beach some time on Friday--same with you?
That is my plan as of now. That would be awesome! Jen, tell Amy to give us some seats together (purty please). I'll have to see who else can go with me.

I expect to see all of you in-town Sowallers at the theatre this coming weekend or the week to follow. Steele mama will be coming on Saturday night. Let me know if you need tickets!!!!