• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Our Brownie troop is in desperate need for a LARGE box.

A refrigerator box would be best. If anyone knows where we can obtain one please let me know....

THanks,:clap:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I'd check Home Depot, Lowes, or WorstBuy (Best Buy). They have to pay money to haul off the boxes.

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
Suhweet funn, IBD!!! :clap::clap::clap:
Brownies1.jpg

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Sure,

~Girl Scouts now have a group for younger girls called Daisys generally 5-6 year olds

~Brownies are up to third grade

~The Brownies from last year are going to be putting on a play about the "brownie story" Quick version: 2 lazy children do not help at home. Parents talk about how they wish they had a brownie to help out around the house. Child goes to see wise old owl in forest. Owl tells girl to go and look in the pond and she will find the brownie. Which is of course, herself. Child goes back home where she and her sibling now help their parents around the house. The End. :cool: The "old" Brownies from last year will then receive membership stars on their uniform which shows others how many years they have been a Brownie.

~The Daisys from last year that are going to be new Brownies "bridge" to be a Brownie. They make their way across stepping stones to the "pond".

~The new Brownies (old Daisys and new GS girls) will then go to the "oven" they will go in the box we will pretend to "cook" the brownies with the exact ingredients (kindness, helpful, polite, etc) then we open the front of the oven and out come our "new" Brownies. They then make their way to the pond. The statement "Twist me and turn me and show me the elf, I look in the water and see.....myself" The girl sees her reflection in the water as symbolence that she is the actual do-gooder/ ie. Brownie. The new Brownies are pinned with their pins upside down, recite the Girl Scout law, and are told that they must do 3 good deeds before they can pin it right side up.

Without looking at my paperwork I think that is it. The only thing we are missing is having a flag ceremony. I have to find a stand and flag so we can properly begin and end each meeting.

~~~Off topic, I sure hope that the "against blithe spirit people" dont try to shut us down because we are pretending to bake children..:rotfl::rotfl:~~~~

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
Love the pic!!
Thanks, GG.I :love: :google:! :D Do you think it's from the 60's?

Thanks also for the history lesson, IBD. I never knew they had to "bake". :love:
It's grayt for kids to help around the house. :D

L'il sis was a Brownie. I was a greenie. I mean cadet. Were ya'll scouts? ;-)

Last edited: