Bruno's Pizza in WaterSound Beach

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by hippiechick, Jun 18, 2014.

1. hippiechick

hippiechick Beach Fanatic

Seems like Bruno's pizza has developed a big attitude since moving to Watersound.
    they mailed out coupons for 25% discount! and encourages online ordering. I ordered
    online, went to get my pizza and had some middle aged lady with serious attitude tell me
    that you don't get a discount when your order online. What? I said no worries, I will use my locals card, she said nope, no discount when your order online. I always order online from Bruno's and have never been treated so badly by Bruno's. The woman yelled across the restaurant to the pizza cooker telling everyone how I was trying to get a discount after ordering online. It was humiliating at best. Note to Bruno's, who do you think is going to keep you in business in the off season? Angelina's Pizza will get my next order. :angry:

2. jpbhen

jpbhen Beach Fanatic

out of sight, out of mind. we forgot all about them after they moved. bad customer service is a BIG mistake!

3. runnerrrgirl1

runnerrrgirl1 Beach Lover

4. Lake View Too

Lake View Too SoWal Insider

I would agree. Just talk to Jeff, in person, if your feelings were hurt. No manager can guarantee that all his employees will stay courteous all the time. I'm sure he will try to make it right for you.

5. Brunos Pizza

Brunos Pizza Beach Lover

Young lady I apologize for my staff member being rude. I have been in business for 24 years due to all the locals!!! We have been giving all locals a 25% discount since 2001 all you have to do is identify yourself and we will take care of you. That being said I have no explanation as to why my employee treated you that way. I will take the blame and I apologize it does not matter if you order online have it delivered pick up or dine in ALL LOCALS get a 25% discount. Please come by the store and ask for manager and he will hand you a $100 gift card as an apology or you can send me your address and I will mail it to you. Once again I apologize for how you were treated. Jeff

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
  6. Brunos Pizza

Brunos Pizza Beach Lover

If you will send me your address I will send you a $50 gift card or you can come by the shop. I don't want anyone to forget about me. Thanks Jeff

7. Seaducer

Seaducer Banned

I don't eat at Brunos so I have no opinion on their product.
    But never leave a negative review on tripadvisor then call the manager.

Call him first, give them a chance, he seems pretty genuine and concerned here,
    then if you aren't happy you could leave them a review.
    I don't get the new hobby of trashing people online in order to
    achieve change, all you are doing is causing him long term damage.
    Those negative reviews are permanent even if your opinion is temporary

8. Lake View Too

Lake View Too SoWal Insider

Well said.

9. runnerrrgirl1

runnerrrgirl1 Beach Lover

Leaving a review on Tripadvisor isn't geared toward making a change. It's not a "new hobby". It is simply stating the experience. I will agree with you on calling the manager first. I would definitely leave a review including his reply. It deserves recognition.

10. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

totally agree! dealing directly with owner/manager is always the way to go. I prefer to talk UP the good dining experiences here on the forum. When it's not a good experience, I don't talk about 'em because that is in itself a form of advertising, good or bad. Besides, I love to talk GREAT food and dining experiences - there are SO many great ones in SoWal. I don't have time to talk about the mediocre experience (and there are a few).

Thanks Bruno's (pizzaman) for your excellent response. We know what a fine restaurant you have and how you've always delivered an excellent product to locals and visitors.

11. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    We have always received great food and great service (the latter might partially be because we order so often online and then come into the restaurant to pick it up). When we were there last weekend, a relatively new cashier said, "You must be locals. I see you here a lot." I said, "Well, we own a home here that we don't rent, so I at least am here about every week." She said, "I'd call that a local. The next time you come in, bring a utility bill, and we'll give you a local's card that gives you a discount." I didn't know they had local's cards. I think that was really nice of her to tell us about this perk.

BTW the online-ordering website says nothing that I could see about local's cards not being accepted for online ordering. Also with the online ordering, they put in the orders pretty fast. For example, if you put in a pickup time in the 8:30-8:45 slot, they'll go ahead and make it as soon as they've made the pizzas for the slot ahead of you. Pizza is just better right out of the oven. We live pretty close by, so when we order, we usually drive on over after an email confirmation of the order. If it's not ready when we get there, we share a beer. Just an FYI.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  12. jpbhen

jpbhen Beach Fanatic

"If you will send me your address I will send you a $50 gift card or you can come by the shop. I don't want anyone to forget about me. Thanks Jeff"

i guess you mean me. you don't need to do that! we will try to find you sometime this summer. thanks for the offer - very nice!

13. hippiechick

hippiechick Beach Fanatic

Check your PM

Jeff I sent you a PM

14. Window Treatment Man

Window Treatment Man Beach Crab

Bruno's Pizza

I have been a local for over 10 years and know Jeff from when I tinted his Seagrove location. He runs a great pizza place and I have eaten there many times with my local
    discount card. This seems to be a one-time thing by a misinformed employee!
    Jeff is stepping up to correct this matter.
    Please except his apology and gracious offer to fix this matter!

From one local to another!

Good luck and hope it works out to your satisfaction, he is a great owner:wave:

Regards,
    Window treatment Man:clap:

15. Maries Bistro

Maries Bistro Beach Fanatic

2260 West Hwy 30a, Blue Mountain Beach, FL
    That is class

16. Dawn

Dawn Beach Fanatic

This thread gives hippies a bad name and Jeff the Pizza dude a great name.

Awesome PR for Bruno's right here. I will be going there more often now. :wub:

17. mbo222

mbo222 Beach Comber

We eat at Bruno's all the time, even more now they are in our back yard. I wasn't even aware of the 25% local discount. Doesn't matter to us! We love the new location.

18. The Marigny

The Marigny Beach Lover

Thank you for saying this! All those sites do is turn anyone into a critic... ALWAYS call the owner or manager first!

19. The Marigny

The Marigny Beach Lover

BTW, we love Bruno's Pizza!

20. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

Many thanks to Bruno's Pizza (now located in WaterSound Beach) for their long time partnership with SoWal.com, helping bring all the latest news/photos/video/beachcams/business guides/forums to over 100K unique readers every month!

Bruno's Pizza is a featured restaurant partner in the SoWal Dining Guide where you can add your ratings/comments, read more about the restaurant and see photos. Local restaurants love hearing from you.

SoWal Dining Guide