1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

Bruno's

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by southof30A, Oct 13, 2014.

1. southof30A

southof30A Beach Lover

Local. Large pizza and a salad $26.00, with a $15.00 pizza coupon??? Seems kinda expensive for this guy.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  2. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

http://brunospizza30a.com

Large cheese pizza and house salad $23.94.

3. southof30A

southof30A Beach Lover

Kurt, and your point is?

My point as a local is that, with a $15 coupon, it is an unsustainable price for my family and I to enjoy a pizza, with one protein and4 veggies, with a simple Greek salad.

How do we live as a family on 30 A?

4. Jim Tucker

Jim Tucker Beach Fanatic

Are you new to the area? Most American families can't afford to live on 30A and that's whay they don't.

5. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

My point is that with a $15 coupon your bill would have been $8.94. But if you had five toppings and a greek salad it would be about $10 more. Were you overcharged? Why single out Bruno's?

But I feel your pain. I know South Walton is expensive. Especially if you are southof30A.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  6. m1a1mg

m1a1mg Beach Fanatic

It is more expensive than the chain pizza places. It is also monumentally better. Simple choice for me.

7. Andy A

Andy A Beach Fanatic

Not to knock Bruno's as they do a great service to all of 30A, but I've found the best pizza I've ever eaten right here on 98. Fat Daddy's has them all beat a mile.

8. Lake View Too

Lake View Too SoWal Insider

The reality is, you pay extra for convenience, especially in a rural beach setting, like ours. You can drive a few extra miles, and pay far better prices, but is it worth it? (P.S. a bottle of Jack Daniels is $5 cheaper at "Smallmart" than at WaterColor Publix.)

9. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

You get what you pay for and Bruno's delivers the best in the area! and they literally deliver. Their prices beat just about any restaurant in South Walton.

10. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    We never come to the beach without at least one visit to Bruno's. And we're at the beach a lot. Great pizza!

11. carson

carson Beach Fanatic

They get an extra 20% for being great guys with a great staff! Fat Daddy' s and crust also very good. The best deal going is Wild Olives flatbreads, they are huge, for $10, easily enough for two.

12. Paula

Paula Beach Fanatic

Well, the only way for me to find out of Bruno's pizza is worth it is to try it out for myself. Which pizza is the best? Frankly, I looked at the menu and the prices don't seem out of line with other good pizza places. The all-you-can eat pizza and salad for lunch seems very reasonable. It always costs a lot more when you add drinks, salads, extra toppings. By the way, where does one get the coupon? Also, I'll be trying the flat bread at Wild Olives.

13. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

Paula, they mail out coupons. Go on their website and see if you can sign up.

14. cobbarella

cobbarella Beach Lover

Bruno's is delicious. The lunch Buffett is a great deal! We also enjoy Fat Daddy's.

I would NOT recommend Pizza by the Sea in Watercolor. Our lunch bill was $70 for five. Drinks, two pizzas, and a spaghetti. Pizza was not that tasty but more importantly, the drink machine was not working, so all our drinks were flat. The staff was too busy to fix it which I understand but they should have offered us a refund. We will not go back again! It is also very small.

15. Paula

Paula Beach Fanatic

Thanks, Teresa. I went to their website and didn't see any way to sign up for coupons, but I'll be sure to try them out next time we're there. I think it would be great for Bruno's to offer coupons, and I'd certainly pass them on to our renters, which could be particularly helpful off season when restaurants aren't as busy. Our community is filled with happy snowbirds January - mid-March. Hope all is going well, and it's hard to believe that starting January 2016 we'll be spending more time in SoWal (still working, but ideally not as much so will have more time to spend in lovely SoWal.