• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Bud & Alley?s is pleased to announce the employment of our new Chef, James Huckaby.

James Huckaby decided one day his love of fishing was not being fully satisfied in Birmingham Alabama so he decided to quit his job, grab his rods and head for the beach.

A native of Birmingham, Huckaby developed a love of good food while serving 5 years in the Navy in Hawaii and Alaska. Upon his discharge he returned to Birmingham and began his cooking career working with Frank Stitt, Chef and Owner of Highlands Bar & Grill, Bottega Cafe & Restarant and Chez Fonfon, a French Bistro. Huckaby initially worked at Bottega Cafe and then Highlands Bar & Grill. James quickly worked up the ranks from prep cook to the Sous Chef of Highlands and eventually became the Chef de Cuisine of Chez Fonfon when it first opened. Overall, James worked off and on with Chef Stitt for 11 years.

James believes great food starts with searching out the best ingredients and the key to culinary success is preparing those ingredients simply. So, it was a natural progression for James to find himself heading to the beaches of South Walton with chefs hat and fishing rods in tow. Huckaby proclaims: ?My greatest passions in life are fishing and cooking? and he has wasted no time cooking up menus that already have everyone on Scenic 30-A talking good food.

?His fishing skills remain to be seen but if he is as good a fisherman as he is a Chef, we?ll have to start a seafood company? Bud & Alley?s Owner, Dave Rauschkolb said.

Under Chef Huckaby?s direction Bud & Alley?s menus change daily utilizing the freshest, seasonal ingredients.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Yowza...Quite the resume. :clap_1:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Does he need a sous chef? I think I might be available. :lol:
Will visit in April!

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
Dave Rauschkolb said:
Bud & Alley?s is pleased to announce the employment of our new Chef, James Huckaby.

James Huckaby decided one day his love of fishing was not being fully satisfied in Birmingham Alabama so he decided to quit his job, grab his rods and head for the beach.

A native of Birmingham, Huckaby developed a love of good food while serving 5 years in the Navy in Hawaii and Alaska. Upon his discharge he returned to Birmingham and began his cooking career working with Frank Stitt, Chef and Owner of Highlands Bar & Grill, Bottega Cafe & Restarant and Chez Fonfon, a French Bistro. Huckaby initially worked at Bottega Cafe and then Highlands Bar & Grill. James quickly worked up the ranks from prep cook to the Sous Chef of Highlands and eventually became the Chef de Cuisine of Chez Fonfon when it first opened. Overall, James worked off and on with Chef Stitt for 11 years.

James believes great food starts with searching out the best ingredients and the key to culinary success is simply preparing those ingredients. So, it was a natural progression for James to find himself heading to the beaches of South Walton with chefs hat and fishing rods in tow. Huckaby proclaims: ?My greatest passions in life are fishing and cooking? and he has wasted no time cooking up menus that already have everyone on Scenic 30-A talking good food.

?His fishing skills remain to be seen but if he is as good a fisherman as he is a Chef, we?ll have to start a seafood company? Bud & Alley?s Owner, Dave Rauschkolb said.

Under Chef Huckaby?s direction Bud & Alley?s menus change daily utilizing the freshest, seasonal ingredients.

Dave,
Just promise us that your rare tuna on field of greens will remain - it is positvely the best dish up and down 30A. Will anxiously await yoru answer!!!

And :welcome: to James Huckaby.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
There is a new rare tuna dish but if you don't like it he will prepare the old one for ya! Howz that?

There will be plenty of pasta dishes every day, some with herbed broths. The difference is we are not going to have a set menu anymore but James, his likes to go by "Huck" will do old dishes if you must. My feeling is that we had the same menu for almost 3 years with the specials changing daily. I felt it was time to get some new, exciting food going. I have been eating there every day and I am blown away by this guys ability. Try out the new stuff, heck it's the beginning of our 21st year! Let's shake it up a little. FYI, Our fryer is out getting repaired so no sweet potato fries until we get it back.

Dave

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Regarding the sous chef postion, Derek Porter is our sous chef but people are clamering to work with Chef Huckaby so if you are interested I would call and ask for Dereck or Huck and get an application in ASAP. We are in the process of hiring culinary students but anyone with a serious dedication to food with experience should call or come by. The Kitchen line is 231-5737; Fax is 231-1846

Thanks!

Dave