• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
St. Joe has given another one year extension......

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
We got the letter in WC. No fees.

SandCastle Bld.

Beach Crab
Oct 8, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
I am a local builder in the area and understand there are some extensions being given, but also know of some develpments forcing homeowners to build.

I just finished 3 homes in Grande Pointe which I understand having extended their build out.
Currently I am starting a new construction in Cypress Breeze which currently has a build out, but I hear it is going to be extended.

If anyone is looking for a local professional builder please give me a call 615-830-5142.
David Lutz

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
St. Joe has given another one year extension......

Is anyone surprised by this news?? Until the market for lots makes a huge turn northward, St. Joe and other developers will continue granting extensions. St. Joe is in no position to repurchase a large number of lots for tens of millions on the hope that they can resell them for more than the original sales price.

Buckhead Rick

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
The new extentions are for only Watercolor and Watersound only, so far (nothing heard on Rivercamp) WC&WS now have a total of 3 yrs in extentions while RC received a one year last year.
Joe does keep the right to buy back lots, at release price, if building is not started on the new buildout date.
We laugh now at that thought but 2 or 3 years from now it might be somthing they or a builder partner would step up and do.

GTSViper

Beach Lover
Oct 8, 2007
sowal
I am interested in the gentleman posting as Sandcastle Bld. Do you do any remodeling? I am not needing a home built but would be interested in updating a home I currently have for sale. I think it might increase the chance of selling it. At this point, I will try anything. Are you a Licenced Florida building contractor? Please advise.

SandCastle Bld.

Beach Crab
Oct 8, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
I am interested in the gentleman posting as Sandcastle Bld. Do you do any remodeling? I am not needing a home built but would be interested in updating a home I currently have for sale. I think it might increase the chance of selling it. At this point, I will try anything. Are you a Licenced Florida building contractor? Please advise.
GTSViper,
Yes my company does both new construction and remodeling and/or additions.
I am a FL. State Certified Licenced contractor living in Flordia. License # CBC 1253845
Please don't hesitate to give me a call at 615-830-5142 or an email with any questions.
Thanks
David