• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
I have a home in Cypress Breeze that is an excellent deal. It's currently listed at $879,000. It appraised in December at $1,080,000. It's a 5BR/4BA with over 3,300 square feet. It is finished very nicely and has tons of storage space. To view a virtual tour of the home....RealEstateShows.com/61451. If you know of anyone looking, please let me know. Thanks guys.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
Re: Builder ready to dump home at cost

attachment.php

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

I thought the word "dump" in today's market meant selling below cost. :dunno:

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach

Joe,
Dump could be used as selling below cost. It could also mean selling at cost when it is currently worth much more. If someone bought a home back in 2001 and sold it at the same price today I would say they are dumping it.
This home is currently listed at $262 a square foot. All comparable homes are $300+ per square foot. This price per square foot of course includes the price of the lot.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Joe,
Dump could be used as selling below cost. It could also mean selling at cost when it is currently worth much more. If someone bought a home back in 2001 and sold it at the same price today I would say they are dumping it.
This home is currently listed at $262 a square foot. All comparable homes are $300+ per square foot. This price per square foot of course includes the price of the lot.
The house looks great, and that is a lot of house for the price.

However, I fail to see your reasoning. First, a property is not worth more than someone is willing to pay for it. Second, your example is using a home bought in 2001, and I would agree with that statement that if it sold today at the same price as back in 2001, they are dumping it. However, this home was built 2006. I don't understand how your example works for this home.

Again, the house looks nice.

Last edited:

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005

It's a beautiful house Josh - I wish you the best of luck selling it. I will keep it in mind for my clients.