• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

reece

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
we leave for grayton on saturday and are oh so ready. it's been a really busy summer and we are looking forward to relaxing on the beach.
so, tell me, am i going to have to look at mr ray's bulldozers all week? :) I'll live with the sight of them, because i know they are helping folks to rebuild, but do they leave them on the beach, parked? as in blocking my view of the sunset? oh, i surely hope not. :blink:

reece

sj- glad to see you are up and feeling better!!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Here's an idea reece.....if you find tents, chairs, umbrellas left out on the beach, simply move them in front and back of the bulldozers! Then they will be much easier to remove from the beach!! Hope you have a great time...can't wait to hear all about your visit!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
reece said:
we leave for grayton on saturday and are oh so ready. it's been a really busy summer and we are looking forward to relaxing on the beach.
so, tell me, am i going to have to look at mr ray's bulldozers all week? :) I'll live with the sight of them, because i know they are helping folks to rebuild, but do they leave them on the beach, parked? as in blocking my view of the sunset? oh, i surely hope not. :blink:

reece

sj- glad to see you are up and feeling better!!

Thanks.
According to local ordinance, the equipment may not remain on the beach overnight. James "Jimmy" Earl Ray's (did you guys notice that Jimmy's name is the same as the killer of Martin Luther King?) bulldozer is sitting in one of his driveways in Gulf Trace, along with his cattle trailers, and yes, you will have to look at them. For the record, I don't think his bulldozer is "helping folks to rebuild."

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I'm beginning to think that Walton County is THE place to go if you enjoy breaking the law and getting away with it! This is CRAZY MAKING!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sueshore said:
I'm beginning to think that Walton County is THE place to go if you enjoy breaking the law and getting away with it! This is CRAZY MAKING!

The area has long been known by pirates as a place to hide from the Law. Even Al Capone was known to hang out in the area. Now, people just hide behind the Law, or maybe the Makers of the Law.

-- Not that James Earl Ray is breaking the Law by parking his cattle trailers in Gulf Trace.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I'm still reeling from the full name of Ray! Would he have a God complex perhaps? And what is the purpose of the cattle truck these days? Maybe Kurt could start dumping the trash/debris there just to make good use of it?!

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Smiling JOe said:
Thanks.
According to local ordinance, the equipment may not remain on the beach overnight. James "Jimmy" Earl Ray's (did you guys notice that Jimmy's name is the same as the killer of Martin Luther King?) bulldozer is sitting in one of his driveways in Gulf Trace, along with his cattle trailers, and yes, you will have to look at them. For the record, I don't think his bulldozer is "helping folks to rebuild."

Does Gulf Trace not have a homeowners association that can deal with this? How does this cat get away with such stuff?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
JB....I can answer that! Our friend, Moondance who owns in GT says there is NO HOA! Apparently, Ray owns 10 properties in GT and me thinks he thinks HE is the HOA! Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sueshore said:
I'm still reeling from the full name of Ray! Would he have a God complex perhaps? And what is the purpose of the cattle truck these days? Maybe Kurt could start dumping the trash/debris there just to make good use of it?!

Good question since barn animals are not allowed to be kept in Gulf Trace, according the the Restrictive Covenants. Perhaps that would be a question better answered by Jimmy Ray himself. His contact number, as found on beachesofsouthwalton.com is
Attraction Gulf Trace Rental/ Ray Enterprises
Address 285 Gulf Shore Drive
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
Phone (850)-231-4239

An excert from the complete article found, regarding James Earl Ray:
James Earl Ray, who owns 10 properties in Gulf Trace, said that three of his septic tanks spilled raw sewage after Hurricane Dennis.

Despite that, he has no intention to pay for water and sewer services.

Instead, he will install a new septic system on his properties that he said will be less likely to spill in the event of storm damage.

"With the new system, we eliminate the drain field and we just have one pipe and the water comes out 99 percent pure," Ray said.

Before the proposed ordinance goes into effect, the Walton County Commission must hold two public hearings and then vote on whether to adopt it. The hearing dates have not been set.

Ray said Wednesday that he opposes the ordinance because the county has no business making Gulf Trace property owners connect to sewer. He added that he thinks Meadows just wants to cause trouble for Gulf Trace with the ordinance.

"This is a private subdivision," he said. "The biggest mistake that the county made was electing a female county commissioner. She's all talk and no action."

Edit: I find it interesting that now when you read the latest articles on Jimmy Ray, he comes off sounding like he wanted the sewer in the first place. This is how people like Jimmy get away with this crappola. Some people only read the latest info, and forget about that which has been burried -- out of sight, out of mind, just like septic tanks on the beach.

Last edited:

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Smiling JOe said:
"The biggest mistake that the county made was electing a female county commissioner. She's all talk and no action."

Wow :shock: