• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

grace

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2007
here & now
My car was broken onto on Friday evening on Montgomery St. in Seagrove. A brown Michael Kors purse containing a green tribal print wallet with cash, CCs, ID, etc., and my Grandmother's hearing aid was stolen. My little girl's red LL Bean backpack was also taken. If any items are found, I'd love to get them back. I'm hoping the culprits took the cash and ditched everything else. Please PM me if you come across anything. Thanks!

That happened to us in the mid-2000's at our home in Seagrove. Hubby forgot to lock the car. His wallet and sunglasses were gone. A few years ago a neighbor found my husband's wallet under a bush in a vacant lot in our neighborhood. Only cash was gone. Even our Neiman Marcus credit card was still in there. Obviously kids ... who don't know what Neiman Marcus is. LOL.

Hope you find your stuff!

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
There were several breakins around Seagrove from what I heard. Everybody needs to lock up their cars!

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
And don't keep valuables in your car. I keep slingbags everywhere and in our cars so that I can throw the wallets, etc. into that and walk unrestricted. In Louisville, a popular jogging spots, 'scum bags' will watch when women exit their cars, then put their purses in the trunk. They will break in - of course, if you leave it open, even easier. During football games, 'scum bags' have been caught checking to see what cars have been left open. It's not just kids anymore. It's a whole new way to 'earn' a living for heroin addicts in our area. Our state closed the pain clinics and have cut down on meth labs, so now heroin is the drug of choice and 'they' need more money. Sad times we live in. Ellen

And don't keep valuables in your car. I keep slingbags everywhere and in our cars so that I can throw the wallets, etc. into that and walk unrestricted. In Louisville, a popular jogging spots, 'scum bags' will watch when women exit their cars, then put their purses in the trunk. They will break in - of course, if you leave it open, even easier. During football games, 'scum bags' have been caught checking to see what cars have been left open. It's not just kids anymore. It's a whole new way to 'earn' a living for heroin addicts in our area. Our state closed the pain clinics and have cut down on meth labs, so now heroin is the drug of choice and 'they' need more money. Sad times we live in. Ellen
So I'm NOT being paranoid! When I go to the gym, I put my purse into the trunk at home. Then when I leave the gym, I don't take my purse out of the trunk. I don't take it out until I reach my destination. I thought I was being too careful, but apparently not.

I've also known of people who were having a power-shopping day at a mall, would take a load to the car trunk, go back and shop, etc. At one point when returning to the car, everything had been stolen. Obviously someone was watching. This happens a lot during the Christmas shopping season.

I also hide everything worth stealing -- for example, I hide the radar detector and Garmin under the seat.

BTW hubby has stopped leaving his wallet in the console of the car.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Not to blame the victim, but why do people leave their wallet in their car? It would seem like a good way to get embarrassed at the checkout counter. There are rare occasions when my wallet is not in my pocket.