• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

panicjl

Beach Lover
Jan 29, 2006
montgomery,al
I am vacationing in about two weeks as most of you know and I want to surf fish for pompano and whatever else (something else to do besides just sit on the beach and drink). I need some advice on what kind of rod and reel or combo to buy when I get there (brand, size,etc.). I guess I will go to the Bass Pro when I get into town. I dont need the top of the line but I dont want the worst either. I plan on using shrimp and whatever you guys suggest. Thanks for any help that I can get.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
John said:
Bass Pro? Why not a local merchant with knowledge of the local water?

How about a suggestion? Dawg probably knows where Bass Pro is but not where the little guys operate. I know there is a shop at Grayton Corners;don't know the name.

panicjl

Beach Lover
Jan 29, 2006
montgomery,al
Right, im not familiar with the places on 30a but would be happy to give them my business. I buy and manage for a specialty store and always like to support them when I can.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The Seagrove Ice House has gear and live shrimp. Also there is Yellowfin inside Grayton Market. Both have the same owner and guys who can give good info.