1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

Cactus Juice at Modica Market

Discussion in 'Business, Goods and Services' started by Modica Market, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Modica Market

Modica Market Beach Lover

Don't let the biting flies ruin a perfect day at the beach! Stop by Modica Market and pick up some cactus juice. It will help repel those pesky things.

modica-market-cactus-juice-001.JPG

2. UofL

UofL Beach Fanatic

Does that mean we will need it next week? We had them Labor Day week:-( but we know where to get the Cactus Juice:) Ellen

3. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

We never know when those black flies might show up. They do tend to come out in early fall with a North wind. I've never known anything to really repel them except staying in the water. But many swear by the cactus juice.

4. UofL

UofL Beach Fanatic

It's interesting to see the differences in 30A as we check off a different month each year. I would say the crowds are worse than the flies but then the most of the crowds have been well behaved just makes it hard to get into a restaurant or drive.
    So, we have stayed on 30A in January, April, May, June, July, August, September, next week, October, December.
    Since we like to get into the water, I think that May, September, and October will be our go to vacation weeks, unless Louisville winters become 5 months long as they have the past two years. Dark, dreary, cold weather :-(
    Ellen

5. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

Put November on your list. My new favorite when it's perfectly beautiful with a real difference in Temps but still very nice.