• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Has anyone had a treat from Cake Me Away in Seacrest in The Villages at South Walton?

I spent a combined 8 weeks here this summer and everytime I was over there (at the fountains with my son), Cake Me Away was either out of cake or there was a sign that said OPEN, yet the door was locked. Today there was a note that said "open from 11-5, call me if you need immediate assistance." I was not going to call and say I needed a piece of cake- because I don't.

I just don't understand how a place can stay in business? :bang:

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
No Cake me Away is is one of the little huts out front. I caught her open one day and went in to check on prices. She said her cakes started at $35 and went up. She had truffles for i think $3.50 or $3.95 each. A mini loaf cake was $10.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
who is the one on the board that like carvel so much? aren't they the same place?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
IBD...one truffle for $3.95? Yikes! :eek:

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I was there last week and she was closed all week. I thought that odd for a new place that is trying to drum up business. I certainly didn't need a cake, but I would have liked to have seen what she had to offer. Never know when you'll be down there and have a cake emergency!

I can't imagine she'll survive. :sosad:

I know- it was the same way all through the weekend of the 4th. While I was sitting there today watching my son- I noticed at least 5 people try to go in and check out the place. If she had been there, I'm sure I would have bought a piece. Too bad. Other merchants told me she is hard to catch but did say the cake is really good.