• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
As I left home today and headed east I noticed all the Cindy Meadows signs had disappeared and been replaced with more Tony Anderson signs. (There were already many) I then drove east at at the intersection of 331 and 98, there was a massive mobile Tony Anderson sign on the back of a flatbed trailer. (I know they are prohibited) I stopped at code enforcement and they said they had been directed by Mac Carpenter and Wayne Dyess not to enforce the code during election season. I think they all should go if that's the law. I talked to a black haired lady putting out meadows signs oneday way off the road. I asked her why and she said cindy said not to place them in the right away because it's forbidden by code. Unfortunately the few candidates who did this got defeated by the state workers as they moved them all together when they were mowing the other week. If your candidate was in compliance, they probably aren't now courtesy of the state. You like code enforcement has been directed not to enforce the law. I heard Mr. Blue was bragging he can put his candidates signs where ever he pleases. That appears to be so.....aggravating!

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Those folks who cut the highway grass are contracted and not state workers. More than likely you will find the signs piled up in 3 or four different places along 98.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
According to the org structure Mac carpenter is a planner guy...who is he and how could he direct code enforcement not to follow the law? Nobody has that authority I thought.

Marmot

Beach Lover
Jun 16, 2016
SRB
I am curious, do the number & prevalence of campaign signs get candidates elected, thoughts? Anyone know the research on this?
I suspect that in most cases this is true, especially when I speak to uniformed voters as they tend to vote for subliminal name recognition.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
According to the org structure Mac carpenter is a planner guy...who is he and how could he direct code enforcement not to follow the law? Nobody has that authority I thought.

Mac Carpenter is actually a City Councilman Seat 5 whose terms expires in 2017. I would think that would require a city council vote.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I am curious, do the number & prevalence of campaign signs get candidates elected, thoughts? Anyone know the research on this?
I suspect that in most cases this is true, especially when I speak to uniformed voters as they tend to vote for subliminal name recognition.
Name recognition, but I think many folks research the candidates after they see their name.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Mac Carpenter does work for the county as a planning manager according to what I just read.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Mac Carpenter does work for the county as a planning manager according to what I just read.

This is Mac Carpenter City Councilman Seat 5

644304_115111465349514_1308325564_n.jpg

Last edited: