• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

melscuba

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Roswell, Ga hoping SoWal someday
Hi! We are considering purchasing a property near Camp Creek Lake. The lake was open when we were looking, and I know there has been a ton of rain, but.. even Google Maps shows the lake open. Is it open often? Or more often than other lakes along 30A? Which lakes would you say open most frequently and which least? Thank you!

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
They all open by themselves as they get too full. Storms usually open them up. A couple of the lakes get opened by the county if they hit a certain level. With the exception of the county's intervention it's 100% Mother Nature's decision. The lakes opening up is part of the area's charm. There's nothing dirty or unclean about it. In fact, they are a of fun on an inner tube.

melscuba

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Roswell, Ga hoping SoWal someday
Oh yes, I know. We’ve owned a home along 30A for almost 10 years now and been coming since 2006. We thoroughly enjoy the beauty of the lakes. I was just wondering if Camp Creek opened more often than others? And then if anyone knew which ones opened the most often and least?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I doubt anybody has kept score. Each lake has it's own separate charm.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
It seems like they have to open Western Lake with a backhoe more often now than they used to. But LVT is correct. The lakes are unpredictable.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
The saddest part about the lakes is a highway was built across many of them.