• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
We're gutting our kitchen and I want to move the sink a little bit, which means we need a plumber. Anyone have someone who is willing to do a small job?

We also could use a drywall person. I pulled the 20 year old wallpaper (no joke; it was the original) and half the wall came with it. I tried mudding it myself because I thought it couldn't be any harder than frosting a birthday cake. Wrong! I did a lousy job and I'd love to get someone in to fix my amateur efforts. :shock:

GVM

Beach Lover
Dec 25, 2004
Here's one NOT to call: AJ's Plumbing. They advertise in the paper, but won't return a call.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Mermaid...who is doing your cabinents? If you buy a new sink from Home Depot, can they do it?

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
That's a great idea, Sueshore. As it turns out, Home Depot is where we'll be getting our cabinets and appliances as well. We were pleasantly surprised at the Mills Pride line of maple cabinets. They're very inexpensive compared to custom cabinets (which is what we have at home) and they're solidly made. We want to widen the kitchen by about 6 - 9" inches and that necessitates a plumber jiggling the supply line. We could certainly ask at Home Depot when we pick out our new dishwasher, since that's affected, too.

Now a plasterer, anyone?

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Plumb Better in Panama City Beach without a doubt; I use them on all my rentals. The only plumber I have seen who actually sends a quality control questionaire. Great service.

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
I've had no problems with AJ's...in fact, they've always been extremely responsive for me. I do know they had some technical difficulties with their after hours emergency paging system back around Memorial Day but that only lasted a couple of days.

I've had major problems with A & G. Slow on emergencies (days, not hours) and the work then had to be re-done by another plumber.

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
Sueshore said:
Mermaid...who is doing your cabinents? If you buy a new sink from Home Depot, can they do it?

I don't know about down in PCB or Destin but the Home Depots up here in Atlanta have services agreements with plumbers, roofers, drywallers, painters etc. I do not even think that you have to buy anything from HD to use this service. If you do, then you can bundle in the installation etc. IMO this is a good way to find someone reliable and they are quality controlled by HD and if you have a problem with them you can let HD know and they will help you with the problem. Worth a try if you can't find a better alternative directly thru a local plumber.

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
Does anyone have an alternate number for AJ's Plumbing? I have 850-231-1473 but all I get is there emergency after hours recording to leave a message for an immediate call back since 4 pm yesterday. They do not call back. I'm thinking it's probably a broken number.

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
I did get a call back from AJ's that same morning and they came out and fixed my plumbing emergency immediately. Something happened with the emergency service paging system overnight, but the problem seems to be solved now. I've used AJ's for several major projects now and they do good work.