• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
I am putting a raffle together to raise money for doggie "Grace". Dr. Barr ( her vet in Freeport) says that she is a victim of the most terrible case of abuse he has seen in his 30 years of practice. You might have seen the article on the front page of last weeks DeFuniak Herald or in the Pensacola Journal. I won't go into graphic detail here, but she will need a lot of care- probably skin grafts. Laurie Hood at Alaqua Refuge is her sponsor. I want to help by selling chances to win a portrait session and a 16x20 from my company (Avalon Photo). I need business locations that are willing to collect the money and keep up with the entries. I think 5.00 for a chance to win a 375.00 prize is how I want to go. I think 150 tickets or so... Open to suggestions!

Alaqua Animal Refuge

Beach Comber
Aug 30, 2007
155 Dugas Way, Freeport
Amazing Grace sends her thanks!

Thank you, Amy, for this opportunity for Grace. She is so deserving. Everyone that meets her falls in love. She will need a home after all of this, so all of you need to keep that in mind. :D

We have set up a fund for her that your fundraiser will go into - "Grace's Fund" - and any remaining monies after her treatment is paid off will go towards other animals that have been abused and need our help. You can read more about Grace and the refuge at: www.alaquaanimalrefuge.com . Thanks again, Amy! You are an angel.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I am putting a raffle together to raise money for doggie "Grace". Dr. Barr ( her vet in Freeport) says that she is a victim of the most terrible case of abuse he has seen in his 30 years of practice. You might have seen the article on the front page of last weeks DeFuniak Herald or in the Pensacola Journal. I won't go into graphic detail here, but she will need a lot of care- probably skin grafts. Laurie Hood at Alaqua Refuge is her sponsor. I want to help by selling chances to win a portrait session and a 16x20 from my company (Avalon Photo). I need business locations that are willing to collect the money and keep up with the entries. I think 5.00 for a chance to win a 375.00 prize is how I want to go. I think 150 tickets or so... Open to suggestions!

Amy if you still need businesses.....D&K's will be a location to buy tickets. Let me know what we need to do.

:wave:Kat

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
Thanks to D&K Cafe!

I am still getting it together. I have to produce the tickets and write the "story" of Grace and make a display of some kind. I will bring the finished product to you in about a week. I think you can just collect the money and have the nice donor person fill out a slip with name and phone number and then put it all in an envelope. I will have Laurie Hood combine the entries and draw. I hope to have sold enough chances to have a winner mid-August. I have never done this before so please feel free to give advise. So far, you and Delta Kitchen in Freeport have been kind enough to participate. I am sure Nick's will too ( I will call Trey on Monday). Of course Dr.Barr's office is helping also. Hopefully the idea will snowball and I can add another prize! I had a feeling you would answer my request Kat.... I know how kind hearted you are. Love to you and Doug.

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
Raffle plan is well under way but I still need more locations to sell chances! Come by to say hey at the Watersound Walk-N-Wag we should be ready by then. Thanks to Pets Fith Avenue, Unleashed, Delta Kitchen, D&K Cafe and Freeport Veteranary Clinic so far. I have a few names on my list to "hit up" yet!

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
As promised, I donated $50 to Grace's fund after selling my china hutch.

Do you think other sowallers might be willing to donate items for the raffle? We could put a call out for donations.

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
Great minds think alike

I have added some dinners for two at D&K, Delta Kitchen (tentatively) and Jambones. I think that is enough for now... The artwork is already underway. Brian at Havoc Beach design was kind enough to donate his talent. What a great prize pack for a 5.00 chance! If this goes well, I will do it again. Thank-you for your kind donation!