can you still swim or is it toooooo cold

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Dreaming watercolor, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Dreaming watercolor

Dreaming watercolor Beach Comber

I am coming to watercolor with 4 boys in tow and this is our first Thanksgiving in our home in W/C. Can the boys swim or is it just tooooo cold

2. Beachlover2

Beachlover2 Beach Fanatic

If you have a heated pool. We usually are down every Thanksgiving - sometimes the air temp is too cold - sometimes it is beautiful. The gulf is around 75 degrees - young boys can probably handle that if the air temp is warm.

3. Rita

Rita margarita brocolia

Someone reported to me today that it is forecasted to be 75 Thanksgiving day. Nice!

4. Mermaid

Mermaid picky

I saw a bunch of kids in the water (gulf water, not pool water!) on Friday. It's whooo baby! kind of cold when you first put your feet in but if the sun is shining you get used to it. So yes, I could see four boys having a grand old time in the water on Thanksgiving!

5. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Wow, that is a big change from today. At 3:30pm, the temp is 50F. It is going to be cold for the next two days, but the temp does appear to be higher for Thur, before dropping again on Fri and Sat. I don't trust these weather predictions too much. Right now, it is too darn cold.

6. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

One Thanksgiving, HMM and MS decided to be real men and get in the gulf. They did and lived to tell about it. The pool at WC is heated.

7. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    I'm intentionally being annoying (LOLOL), but I guess I need to pick up the furs at Neiman's tomorrow so I'll be warm at the beach. Velvet isn't warm enough, honey!

:floor:

8. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Yes you are...be sure you get them all...Pepper might need a cover as well!

9. Beach Runner

Dunno. She's black and always hot.

:floor:

10. drbawa

drbawa Beach Lover

Watercolor has two heated pools. Less than two weeks ago, there were a bunch of kids and adults in this pool. During the day, it is still sunny and if the weather warms up a little, these pools would be fair game.

Enjoy....

11. aquaticbiology

aquaticbiology fishlips

furs!, oh gosh where'd I put that vial of (small fur-bearing animal) blood!

12. Rudyjohn

Rudyjohn SoWal Insider

In all honesty, you don't really wear furs, do you? After all the hoopla for the past 30 years. I don't EVER see furs being worn anymore, and it gets COLD up here!!!!

13. beachmouse

beachmouse Beach Fanatic

You do see women in furs down here for formal events during the winter at times, mostly older ladies who probably got their furs as gifts long before there was much fuss about their appropriateness.

14. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

That makes me laugh! Back in the 80's EVERYONE down here just needed a full length mink coat! HMM (who is generous to a fault) said..."that's ridiculous, maybe if you lived up North, but down here?" HMM is from IL. Give me a good cloth coat anyday...and a furry dog!

15. Rudyjohn

Rudyjohn SoWal Insider

I'm just curious, you know...

16. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Yeah right! I'm waiting to hear just how many furs BR has! I am not a member of PETA, btw.

17. Beach Runner

I'm scared to say. Furs are very politically correct in my town, and it's not an old-lady thing. In the past few years it has rarely been cold enough for the big one, but my sister (early 40's), her sorority sisters from UF, and I have decided that if it's wintertime and under 65 degrees, we're wearing our furs!

I have a vest that is reversible (leather/mink) that I wear a lot, even with jeans. I also have some short jackets in my favorite colors that also go great with jeans.

Even in NYC I don't feel uncomfortable wearing the big one. Many other women have them on and don't get harrassed. The only time I've ever felt uncomfortable is once at Lenox in ATL. The PETA people hang out there during the holiday season.

I understand that this is a very controversial issue and that some people actually harbor very negative feelings towards those who wear furs. I am sorry if I offend any of you by wearing a fur, but I happen to enjoy wearing my furs.

And eating meat, although when I see the Cagle's trucks with the chickens going to be slaughtered rolling through town, it does make me think about becoming a vegetarian. My furs are already dead, so I can't revive them. I just wouldn't purchase any more if that became my mindset.

Dunno. It seems like no matter what issue we bring up on this board, there are typically people who feel strongly with views that are 180 degrees different.

18. Sheila

Sheila SoWal Insider

Snellville, GA., Seacrest/Seagrove as often as we
    We must really live on opposite ends of the Perimeter. I have been to my share and someone else's Christmas and obligatory parties. Never seen the fur thing going on.:idontno: Usually the uderstated chic thing going on. Wow! People still do the fur thing! :eek:

19. Santiago

Santiago Beach Fanatic

I saw Jim McMahon on TV during a football with a fur on.

20. Sheila

Sheila SoWal Insider

Snellville, GA., Seacrest/Seagrove as often as we
    :eek: :idontno: