• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Created by a group of individuals with a heart for those struggling with addiction in November of 2007, the foundation hit the ground running in its mission to help addicts and their families. The charter board quickly saw the need for a women?s residence and set creating one as a primary goal.

Thanks to the generosity of the board, many local businesses and individuals and as the result of many volunteers wielding shovels, hammers, paintbrushes etc. the Path of Grace Home began operation on May 4th 2008. On opening day four women were admitted. Prior to that time, there was no service like ours in Walton County.

We currently have a census of eight residents at the Path of Grace with a wide range of time in the program. There are three women on our waiting list and we receive several calls a week about our program. Our highest priority is to expand our capacity to meet this need.

We have helped 22 women and their families since we got started. The residents are encouraged to stay involved after they leave and maintain their sobriety through service to others.

Marcia Johnson has handled the many challenges that are inevitable in a project like ours. With her recovery experience, leadership and dedication we have developed a first-rate program for women.

Among our volunteers to date are dentists, Johnny Savage, George Keith, and Mary Hencinski. They have done pro bono work for our residents, joining local lawyers, accountants and other professionals who share their gifts with us.

We have had volunteers lead weekly Bible studies, Tai Chi lessons, nutrition classes, art lessons and knitting classes.

There are approximately two acres under cultivation on the premises in Freeport. Last year a successful crop of corn was produced, even with a late start. This year promises more.

The women have performed community service with Alaqua Animal Refuge and Fuller Center for Housing, and actively pursue other service opportunities.

Two residents were baptized for the first time last year. As a group the residents occasionally visit different local churches for a variety of experience; and to share their testimony.

Marcia and I have visited several other recovery organizations and spoken with various church outreach committees. So far, five local congregations have committed to supporting our efforts . I am confident that many more will partner with us, as we offer our services and acquaint them with our mission.

We have established good working relationships with the COPE Center, Sheriff?s Office, local court system and probation officers.

We had three major fundraising events: ?How Sweet the Sound? with Verlon Thompson, the 1sr Annual Burnt Pine Golf Tournament, and ?The Christmas Party of the Year? with Corey McKern and Chandra Egger. All were very successful. Plans are being made to repeat these events in 2009 and hopefully they will be even better, because of positive word of mouth.

We had several other fundraising activities: Bingo Events, Yard Sales, the 1st Annual Beachcomber Music Awards and Silver Sands Evening of Giving. These all brought in revenue and gave us valuable exposure.

Other planned major thrusts include corporate sponsors, grant requests and a purpose-built retail thrift store to ensure our future as a life-changing organization.

We have made it through our start-up year, made great progress and touched many lives. This was made possible by the hearts, hands and financial support of too many volunteers to list. Thank you for all we have achieved together, on behalf of those we have helped to find recovery.

Our plans for growth include a Transitional House for graduates of the Path of Grace Program, a Thrift Store in Freeport to fund our operating costs and growth and to provide jobs for the residents, and most importantly to expand our present women?s facility.

We welcome your partnership to help us continue making a difference in lives and in the community.

Please visit our website Flash Intro Page for more information.

cajunbruce

Beach Crab
Apr 20, 2009
Wow!

What a difference you, Marcia and the rest of the team are making! I know the needs and challenges are great. I will be in touch to support you however I can.

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
Congrats and thanks

Keep up the good work! Please feel free to call on me for the Christmas Party auction this year. The family that won the bid for the '08 gift certificate just received their prints. They were very nice and had a really good dog too.

Namaste

Beach Comber
Mar 19, 2009
I've got yard sale stuff to donate

How often do you do the tent sale thing--where can I drop off the things I have to donate?

I know one of your residents, she's really turning her life around--thanks for being there for her.

Dr.Heather

Beach Crab
Apr 21, 2009
What a team!

Great news about the 501c3--You have accomplished something important for so many lives! I'd like to help medically in the future.

Keep up the good work!

Bingo this Saturday the 20th

Marcia is hosting another great Bingo Event to raise money for the Path of Grace.

Come out to Freeport at the Blount House behind the Old Post Office across from Kelley's from 2PM to 6PM.

Great Prizes and Fun!

If you have a prize to donate, call Marcia at 259-3823

Thanks,

John

Expansion Opportunity

We have been donated a $250,000 building by the St. Joe Co. that will allow us to double our capacity and help more women struggling with the disease of addiction.

We need to raise the money ($50,000) to move the building to the present location of the Path of Grace in Freeport. If you can help, please contact me at 974-4573--or attend Dr Savages happiness seminar on Sunday Aug 23rd at 3PM at Tops'l Resort Tennis Center.

Thanks!

John