Candidate Fundraising

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by Danny Glidewell, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Danny Glidewell

Danny Glidewell Beach Fanatic

After the most recent contribution information has been posted here are the rankings for most money raised for the upcoming August 30 primary and how much personal money the candidate has contributed ( Star indicates fundraising leader in their race):

Total Candidate Contribution

1. Tony Anderson $ 110,361* $ 391.42

2. Cindy Meadows $ 105,014 $ 43,001.00

3. Bill Imfeld $ 19,500* $ 100.00

4. Jennifer Nick $ 18,680* $ 4,500.00

5. Rhonda Skipper $ 18,390* $ 2,628.83

6. Bill Chapman $ 15,104* $ 703.48

7. Russell Hughes $ 12,223 $ 0.00

8. Melanie Nipper $ 12,152 $ 26.44

9. Bill Fletcher $ 10,047 $ 1,100.00

10. Patty Lynch $ 9,823 $ 6,100.00

11. David Kramer $ 8,725 $ 1,000,00

12. John Dixon $ 4,491 $ 1,591.06

13. Mike Davis $ 3,370 $ 550.00

14. Richard Bryan $ 3,100 $ 2,000.00

15. Amy Wise-Coble $ 2,500 $ 2,500.00

16. Marsha Winegarner $ 2,450* $ 2,000.00

17. Jeri Michie $ 2,100 $ 1,500.00

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Danny Glidewell

Danny Glidewell Beach Fanatic

Dixon's number s changed overnight. He has raised 5,819, of which 2,919.06 is his money.

3. Jimmy T

Jimmy T Beach Fanatic

Lots of money in District 5!

4. Suzanne Harris

Suzanne Harris Beach Fanatic

Can you post donor list for Tony, I would like to see how many are LLC's and out of state that can not be traced. You need to run next time against Cecilia.

5. Seadune85

Seadune85 Beach Lover

Ms. Harris why don't you run next time against cecilia. I thought we were going to see your name on the ballot this time? Or did you change your mind when you talked mrs. Nipper into running?

6. Misty

Misty Banned

I'm not privy to conversations Ms. Harris has with anyone but if in fact that conversation did occur, it was indeed a very very short one!! People are FED UP with Cecilia Jones BS and anyone who runs against her is a PLUS!

7. Seadune85

Seadune85 Beach Lover

Misty I think you should run against her. If your that fed up then I'm sure you would put in the work it would take to beat her!! And you wouldn't even have to move as far as ms. Harris would. There seem to be a bunch of people that are fed up with walton county politics yet none of them will step up to do anything about it other than talk about it on sowal or the visioning facebook page.

8. Misty

Misty Banned

If my health would allow me to do that, I would! In a freaking heartbeat! The other problem is I don't have the financial resources to do it either! @Danny Glidewell will tell you himself what it cost him out of his own pocket to run and if I had that kinda money, my health wouldn't be an issue. I'm not on the visioning page because I don't agree with the Administrator and moderators on a lot of issues, I don't agree in censoring opinions that don't suit theirs and I didn't hesitate to call them out either!! I'm not on the ABSW page either. I do my own part, on my own Facebook page, my way and I don't give a tinkers damn who does or doesn't like it. They can certainly hit the BLOCK button...but haven't!!

What have you done besides try to insult those who are working towards change, regardless of how small or insignificant their contributions are?? Nothing??

My contributions may be small and insignificant to some but remember this...Rosier Cuchens lost his bid for BCC to keep things they way they have always been by just 1 (ONE) vote!! It can happen just that way for C. Jones!!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  9. Misty

Misty Banned

By the way @Seadune85

I'm not going to take sole responsibility for the article Tom McLaughlin wrote that appeared in today's paper but I did sit on my a$$ and make a phone call asking him to look into it.:D

10. Seadune85

Seadune85 Beach Lover

Good for you ...at least one of the people that bitches and gripes about everything tries to do something about it...most dont...and no I don't do anything about it but I also don't continuously stir the pot and complain about every little thing. I think that this forum and drunken brawlers and all the other gripe sessions that take place are a part of the reason there's always something negative going on. Granted they do a lot of good also by talking about topics that are actually worthy of conversation but the majority of it is backbiting and arguing and complaining and absolutely pointless!!! Reminds me a bit of the locker room gossip in high school when you actually had to talk about things instead of type it...wow that was a long time ago

11. Misty

Misty Banned

Which makes you part of the problem and not part of the solution IMO! People in general in Walton County have sat back for so long and done absolutely nothing about it that it has resulted in a private citizen (Suzanne Harris) having to file lawsuits that have cost the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars. Yes, people are angry about that. Should we thank you for nothing? If you want to lash out against against those you disagree with, let me suggest you take a long, hard look in the mirror and ask yourself what you could have done instead of attributing an assumed/hearsay/gossip laden conversation you think Suzanne Harris might or might not have had with Ms. Nipper or whether or not the conversation actually occurred because unless you actually heard it with your own 2 ears, saw it with your own 2 eyes, but repeated it with your own mouth, IT'S GOSSIP! (Edit: Thanks for your backbiting, pointless gossip filled contribution.)

It should also be pointed out to you that while I don't agree with Our Generation operating in the shadows and have said as much, Suzanne Harris has openly stated she supports a couple of the candidates who have benefited from them and she didn't lash out at you to do it! Suzanne Harris does not hide, either who she is on this page or her Facebook page. Can you say the same or nothing?

BTW, I have the option of changing "Misty" to my actual name because most here now know who I am. I haven't done so because people who do nothing but criticize others for what contributions they have made (either positive or negative, great or small) is nothing more than political ramblings from dis-grunts and I don't like politics on my page!

Edit noted.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  12. Seadune85

Seadune85 Beach Lover

Why all of the hostility? I haven't been ugly to you and clearly stated that I haven't done anything about it because honestly it's not worth my time to get in someone else's business...and if I'm not mistaken I did ask Mrs. Harris about changing her mind after she talked to ms. Nipper.. not you... so why is it that you answered instead of her? Are you her sowal bodyguard or something? It was a simple question I asked her and if I'm wrong then I'm wrong and I will apologize for that...end of discussion. And if she would have answered then it would have saved me precious time that this dreadful converstation with you has taken up. So until Mrs. Harris has something to add...bug off and find someone else to pester. Mrs. Harris is a big girl as she has proven time and again and doesn't need you putting your 2 cents in...

13. Misty

Misty Banned

You didn't ask a question, you made a couple of pointed allegation that she talked Ms, Nipper into running and a flip comment about the fact she didn't run for Imfield's seat. You may have posed it in the form of a question but it didn't add much if any credibility to your attempt to glean info out of someone you first wanted to slap with innuendo regarding her motives.

It's not worth your time to get in someone else's business but yet you want Ms. Harris to answer your impudent questions? Hmm, is that an oxymoron?

No I'm not the SoWal body guard (there are plenty of those) and your right, Ms. Harris can absolutely defend herself. She has proved it time and again. I just find it hypocritical of anyone to hide and gossip!

14. Seadune85

Seadune85 Beach Lover

Although it has been a while since i opened an english book those pretty clearly seem like questions to me...and i asked not to get in anyones PERSONAL business but as a voter in walton county it is my right to know what is going on where candidates running for office are conerned!!! I wasn't gossiping at all that's why I asked MRS. HARRIS...not misty... And i didn't slap anyone with an innuendo. I made a simple suggestion to her just as I did to you. I guess since you apparently can't determine the difference between a question and a statement it flew right over your head when I said BUG OFF!!! Just for the record that was not a question....

15. Misty

Misty Banned

Did you see (with your own eyes) and hear (with your own ears) the conversation Ms. Harris allegedly had with Ms Nipper? Yes? or No?

If your answer is NO (I don't even think you are going to answer the question) then your question was/is veiled in gossip and innuendo) and presented in the form of a question. The fact that you formed it into a question isn't debatable. We agree on that much.

16. Seadune85

Seadune85 Beach Lover

No I did not which is why I even mentioned "said converstation"... so that mrs. Harris could clarify it for me, which I'm still waiting on by the way... If I would have heard it or seen it then why would I have asked?!?! You really have an issue that may require some therapy or something... some anger issues or maybe all of the conspiracies that John g is always talking about has you paranoid...I don't know...but lady it was simple questions that followed a simple suggestion to run...nothing more nothing less so get over it already....just wow!!!:bang:

17. Misty

Misty Banned

I rest my case!

18. Misty

Misty Banned

@Danny Glidewell , Don't be surprised in the Superintendents race to see that money doesn't really buy everything. There are lots of kids in Walton County (many of whom are eligible to vote now) who grew up with Hughes and Davis either as their teacher, principal or both. They have earned the respect of those kids (again there are a lot of them) and they vote. I think NoWal will rise to the occasion on the superintendents race to show some love for either of those men.

19. Seadune85

Seadune85 Beach Lover

And what case is it that you think you have? I think that you have just made yourself look like a complete imbecile for prolonging a converstation that you shouldn't have even been a part of because the QUESTIONS were not even directed to you. Yes people talk and how else are we to get clarity on those things unless we ask? I prefer to go straight to the source which is why I asked Mrs. Harris the QUESTION before you stuck your nose in something that didn't concern you.

20. Misty

Misty Banned

Poorly worded questions veiled in the form of questions IMO are more like false allegations and I said so. If I thought clarity had anything at all to do with the question you asked...you're right, we wouldn't have had this conversation. I doubt you'll get an answer from Mrs Harris either, given how you posed them. I don't blame her, she is a private citizens and owes you nothing.

Have a nice day...buh bye.