• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

heddy

Beach Comber
Jul 16, 2009
I will be in South Walton for the first time the week of July 25 - Aug. 1. I have been reading these forums all week and I love this online community. We will be renting a house in Seagrove Beach, in the Grove by the Sea neighborhood.

I am so excited to visit your beautiful beaches. I already have a line up of restaurants to try while visiting. Hopefully I will be able to squeeze them all in. These are the ones that I am looking forward to:
Red Bar
Market Cafe
Pizza by the Sea
Shorty's
Flip Flops
Cafe Bouche
Great Southern cafe
,not to mention the Modiva Market and the place with the Gelato in Seaside, (Does anyone know if they make it there?).

I am coming from Illinois so I will bring my own sweet corn. Please share any info that a newby might need to know.
See you soon! :D

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
heddy--you'll think you've died and gone to heaven. Have funn!!!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I forgot to say you might want to add Pizza Bar to your list. :love:

heddy--you'll think you've died and gone to heaven. Have funn!!!
Exactly! We used to travel the world because of all of the FF miles. Now the only place we want to go is the 30A area (and maybe visit that beautiful golf course where they're playing the British Open -- talk about some nice beach castles and views :blush:).

Add:
Hibiscus for breakfast (I recommend the spinach frittata or the pancakes with chocolate chips, pecans, and blueberries, and Hibiscus tea)

Red Bar for breakfast ($4 for two eggs, choice of meat, biscuits or toast, grits or potatoes, and a piece for fruit, or the Belgian waffles with whipped butter containing crack :lol:)

Borago

George's for lunch (I adore the Salade Ni?oise)

La Botana

Stinky's

heddy

Beach Comber
Jul 16, 2009
Update

Update: South Walton is perhaps the most beautiful beach and water I have been to, and I have seen many. :eek:

During our trip not much to report on, we spent almost everyday beaching and eating.

I couldn't believe the 12 ft. bull shark sighting last week, but I stayed in the shallows after that. Jake (my significant other) was brave..or stupid..or just unaffected, but he continued to snorkel close to the second sand bar. I know that they (sharks) are there and usually keep to themselves but I was a scaredy cat :D.

Out of my previously listed restaurants I was able to hit almost all of them. No Cafe Bouche or Red Bar (decided the wait was too long for our hungry bellies and took some advice off of here and headed across the street to Short'y's).

Shorty's has the best view from upstairs! My absolutely favorite meal during our stay was at The Great Southern Cafe in Seaside. :clap:The Grits a-yah-yah were to die for! One of the best dishes I may have ever had and I'm a foody. Pizza by the Sea was also a great surprise for my tastebuds, and great caesar salad.

All in all a fabulous time with great food, nice people and amazingly beautiful nature. Can't wait for my next visit.:love:

Last edited: