• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Brian Schultz (husband to Kelly Schultz Defuniak Planning Department) was arrested for assault on a Pridgen.

Evidently he didn't like someone messing around with his wife and took matters into his own hands.

Attachments

• Schultz Arrest (2).pdf
    81.3 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Ex major with the Sheriff's department. I am told he retired. Regardless, he is not above the law.

The arrest was made by the Okaloosa County Sheriff's office on an outstanding warrant in Walton County. I am told the even retired police officers are granted some amount of protection by law enforcement.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Former Walton County Jail administrator charged with battery

By Tom McLaughlin

DeFUNIAK SPRINGS — The man who until December 2016 ran the Walton County Jail spent some time on the inside earlier this month.

Brian William Schultz, who Walton County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Corey Dobridnia said was the major over jail operations prior to his retirement, was arrested last Friday on a first degree misdemeanor battery charge.

A call record states Schultz, 44, grabbed a man by the throat and “threatened to beat and stomp the caller in the ground.”

The victim told authorities he was with a group when Schultz confronted him about 1 a.m. Jan. 1, the call report states.

“The male (Schultz) didn’t like that the caller was there,” the call record states.

An arrest warrant was served for Schultz on Jan. 19 at the Walton County Jail, the arrest report said.

Schultz had run into some trouble with Sheriff Michael Adkinson in March 2016, several months before his retirement.

After 18 were arrested and warrants were issued for eight more in a major drug raid called Operation Whiteout, the Sheriff’s Office failed to get necessary paperwork to court on time for filing before those arrested made their first appearance.

Schultz, as the major in charge of the jail, was suspended one week without pay.

Schulttz is scheduled to appear in court for a plea day Feb. 12.

www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20180123/former-walton-county-jail-administrator-charged-with-battery

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
I have always been told she use to be Randy Gardner's girlfriend when she was the planning director in Walton County and he use to send her flowers to work .Randy was a DEVELOPER at the time so go figure why he dated her. Now I was told a case of Jack Daniels was dropped off to her over Christmas from a developer who she as the now planning director for the city of Defuniak Springs had gotten the council to approve a variance unamously fo on the circle around the lake. The council made her give it back . Now her husband is arrested??????????? As the workd turns.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I have always been told she use to be Randy Gardner's girlfriend when she was the planning director in Walton County and he use to send her flowers to work .Randy was a DEVELOPER at the time so go figure why he dated her. Now I was told a case of Jack Daniels was dropped off to her over Christmas from a developer who she as the now planning director for the city of Defuniak Springs had gotten the council to approve a variance unamously fo on the circle around the lake. The council made her give it back . Now her husband is arrested??????????? As the workd turns.

Dunno about Gardner but the case of liquor was actually Crown Royal gifted after she got a project in the historic district approved for the property owner. The new City Manager Danny Lucas told her she could keep the gift. When the Council got wind of it by several angry citizens the hoochie err booze was sent back even though Clayton Adkinson went to great lengths to tell citizens and Council that the gift was valued at less than it actually cost and he had filed the proper paper work with the Ethics Commission several days after the fact. I asked in a very public meeting where the booze was and was assured by Council it was sent back.

The Council was all about avoiding the appearance of impropriety even though the City Manager and City Attorney were not...Ms Schultz was none to happy either.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
In the battery regarding Brian Schultz retired Major from WCSO, the victim has dropped all charges.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
If the boyfriend remains, I bet the red neck will threaten again. Read the court records in this.

Interesting that you should say that. This was a signal 22 which is a physical altercation and the records are open to the public. Last I checked, the police report was locked on the Clerk's page

On a domestic violence call which is a signal 41 those records are not public and can be locked.

The pdf's posted here have all been redacted as well.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
If the boyfriend remains, I bet the red neck will threaten again. Read the court records in this.

I actually I went back a few moments ago and found what you're referencing. Thank you.

It's not going to be prosecuted because the victim dropped the charges.

Attachments

• docketimage2.pdf
    224.5 KB · Views: 190