Carillon questions

Discussion in 'Rentals - Vacation' started by Underthebluemoon, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Underthebluemoon

Underthebluemoon Beach Lover

2. Lady D

Lady D SoWal Insider

If you are you talking about Carillon Resort, which I assume you are, it is right next to the Pinnacle Port condominiums which is considered PC Beach. It is at the west end of PC Beach which is the quieter end. Not too far east from 30-A and the bike path. We stay just west of Carillon so I do know where this is. Bike path appears to run from near Dune Allen to Inlet Beach on 30A.

You locals can clarify this since I just visit there once a year on vacation and don't live there.

3. ktmeadows

ktmeadows Beach Fanatic

The local experts will be able to answer your questions more accurately, but if my memory serves me correctly there is a new Publix right across 98 from the Winn-Dixie in Panama City Beach. This is not too far from Carillon. I can't remember exactly how far Carillon is from Inlet Beach, but from the intersection of 98 and the east side of 30-A, it's about 8 miles to Seaside.

Have fun on your vacation!

4. Lady D

Lady D SoWal Insider

luvthebeach, I have been smacked on the hand one time too many for providing links on certain things. But since I know we stay at that area every year, I figured I could give some input! There indeed is a new Publix right across from Winn Dixie. Saw the sign for it last year when down. According to a bike path map it starts at 30A and 98 at Inlet Beach. But since websites can change I will let a local confirm that.

5. Underthebluemoon

6. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Mermaid will be able to provide biking details, but I'm thinking that is a loooong bike ride to Seaside! Before the Watercolor Publix opened, we would drive out to the what we called the Carillon Winn Dixie. I saw the new "Carillon Publix" this year on our way to the PC airport. It had been years since I had over that way and it looks like there has been lots of new development. It will be nice being close to Rosemary and Alys.

7. Lady D

Lady D SoWal Insider

Rosemary Beach is not far. If you know where the Spicy Noodle is on 98, Rosemary Beach starts right after turning onto 30A.

8. TooFarTampa

TooFarTampa SoWal Insider

Native of Tampa now in Boston 'burbs. Left my hear
    It's actually about 2 or 3 miles from the Publix to Rosemary. It's not far by car, by any means, but I'm sure it would be tricky to negotiate on the bike. The traffic generally travels pretty fast.

Carillon is lovely ... I'm sure you will have a great time. But if you are determined to bike 30-A, you might want to go and park at a state park and then begin your rides.

9. Underthebluemoon

10. DD

DD SoWal Expert

you are an addict....and I understand this completely:D

11. TooFarTampa

TooFarTampa SoWal Insider

Native of Tampa now in Boston 'burbs. Left my hear
    My hands are shaking just reading this, not sure I can type ... :floor:

Sadly I believe you are about a year too early for Starbucks. One is supposed to open at nearby Pier Park, still under development, in 2007. (Along with Target :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: )

However, may I suggest the Fonville Press at Alys Beach for a quick coffee fix? It is not far. And go down another 5 miles and you have Beach Java in Seagrove. And when you really have to spend the bucks at 'Bucks, there is one at Grayton about 12 miles away ... a long drive maybe but never when it applies to Grayton. :wub:

Carillon might also have a market that "carries Starbucks coffee," but maybe not espresso drinks. :dunno:

12. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    I have a friend from Kentucky who is a textbook buyer (also ran for U.S. Senate from KY and lost). His territory is GA/FLA, and because of the heating costs in KY in the colder months and the travel costs, he says it's cheaper for him to close up his home in KY and do a long-term rental on a house in Carillon. He's been doing this for several years and really likes it there.

I wouldn't attempt to ride bikes to Seaside with a 9-year-old. I've run from Rosemary in Seaside when I was in my best shape, but most people would find this to be a long bike ride. If nothing else, your booty would get really sore.

13. Lady D

Lady D SoWal Insider

Hava Java is located next to the fountain on the Village Green in Downtown Carillon. Featuring hand-dipped Blue Bell ice cream, the finest in coffee, fresh baked pastries and dessert delights , sandwiches made with Boar's Head meats and cheeses, and the best smoothies on Panama City Beach!
    Open daily at 7 AM.

Please come join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

This place is located in the shops at Carillon Underthebluemoon. Saw it last year!

14. Underthebluemoon

15. Rudyjohn

Rudyjohn SoWal Insider

I'm a venti, double shot Starbucks too!! The Dunkin' Donuts close to my house makes a pretty mean cup of coffee too.

And btw, Carillon is beautiful and PCB is really ok. Not as swanky as the rest of Sowal but it IS o.k. Have a great time and check to make sure those boys don't sneak the Gameboy along. That's what my 15 y.o. did last week when we went to the Bahamas - talk about addicted!

16. Underthebluemoon

17. Lady D

Lady D SoWal Insider

My favorite is the White Chocolate Mocha. Venti size. Since you have a pool that is nice. And the basketball courts nice also. Do they like the Alvins Island stores? And of course, our favorite things are the waverunner tours and the scooter rentals. We might bring our bikes and go bike riding! We like PC Beach. Not the swanky type by any means. We do not mind driving around PC Beach. Might take a ride up 30A though to see what all is up there! :D

18. Rudyjohn

Rudyjohn SoWal Insider

Yes, I've had a few Starbuck's lids pop up and then off with a huge whoosh of that expensive coffee sloshing out all over my car's interior. Next car I get will have a coffe brown upholstery and carpet! Most of our Starbuck's are drive thru's and they are usually in a big hurry (albeit friendly) but they whip it out the window so fast that when you grab it, that's when the lid pop's off. I don't feel embarrassed about the double shot. I see so many weird requests and concoctions that the double shot is probably boring to them!

Let us know how Carillon is. We've tho't about renting there. Safe travels.

19. InletBchDweller

InletBchDweller SoWal Insider

Carrilon is nice but I would park at the state park or at the Orange Street public beach and then bike...The Philips Inlet bridge does not look too safe to me for biking or any pedestrian.... [​IMG]

i think that Carrilon is starting their Monday night concerts, that is nice sitting on the lawn...

20. 30ARules

30ARules Beach Fanatic

UTBM - We stayed in Carillon 2 years ago in the pink house next to the beach side pool. Loved the comunity. We rented a golf cart to ride around. Would load up the kids and truck it to the heated pool. Kids were to young to bike it, but you will love riding in the comunity itself. We did get Mochas at the Hava Java a few times! There was a sports bar in the town then, but I think it may be closed now. You will probobly not want to ride your bikes out of the comunity because it is right off of 98. You are right across the street from Publix and Winn dixie. I'm sure you will love it there. We made the trip into Seagrove and Grayton for our Angalinas and Red Bar fix.

Enjoy!:clap_1: