• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Looking for recommendations for someone to clean carpets at our home - West end of 30-A.

This is a small job with no stains to worry about. Just freshen and "fluff" back the walkways.

Thanks!

We clean our own carpet. It's really easy and saves us a lot of money.

Back when my husband just got his Ph.D. from UF, he developed a product called Capture. It's a dry product, so it doesn't leave the slimy residue that a wet cleaner leaves (like, you can't exactly rinse wet stuff out of a carpet). One of the many places that sells it is Home Depot. Some stores rent out a scrubber so you can apply it, scrub it, wait a couple of hours, and vacuum it up. It's great for quick spot cleaning, too. It's such a good product that we've done our own carpet cleaning for 25 years.

Great product. This is not an advertisement. We've already been compensated for his work. That's one reason why we can afford a second home on 30-A.

If you want to pay someone to do it for you, I have no recommendation. We are do-it-yourselfers so that I have money left for $1000 Louis Vuitton bags. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Are you for real BR? inset smilie being yanked by a chain here

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Beach Runner said:
We clean our own carpet. It's really easy and saves us a lot of money.
We are do-it-yourselfers so that I have money left for $1000 Louis Vuitton bags. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

:rotfl: We're do-it-youselfers too, BUT we're not there to do it and renters are moving in before we will be able to get there. Product sounds great! I'll check it out for our home here.

Who knows, maybe the new renters will think we can get by with just doing walkways and stairs. Then we can clean them when we come and won't have to move furniture! AND SAVE $$$! :scratch: What would I do with money saved? (Probably pay for the gas for the trip to SoWal :bang: )

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Beach Runner, does it work well on stain removal? We had those renter kids trash our 2-yr old berber carpet with a food (and liquor) fight, and it basically needs replacing now ...steam cleaning didnt work. If I can eak out another year with a good product, I'd do it.

Rita said:
:rotfl: We're do-it-youselfers too, BUT we're not there to do it and renters are moving in before we will be able to get there. Product sounds great! I'll check it out for our home here.

Who knows, maybe the new renters will think we can get by with just doing walkways and stairs. Then we can clean them when we come and won't have to move furniture! AND SAVE $$$! :scratch: What would I do with money saved? (Probably pay for the gas for the trip to SoWal :bang: )
That's why I'm buying a diesel. Tired of spending money on gas when I can spend it on other stuff!

BTW I also take Capture with me on long trips. If I get a garment dirty, I rub a little Capture on it with my finger, let it sit, and it usually takes care of it. The only thing it seems to have had trouble with is the red Gatoraide that my daughter spilled on her bedroom carpet.

Last edited:
katie blue said:
Beach Runner, does it work well on stain removal? We had those renter kids trash our 2-yr old berber carpet with a food (and liquor) fight, and it basically needs replacing now ...steam cleaning didnt work. If I can eak out another year with a good product, I'd do it.
Before you invest heavily in it, buy a little bottle and hand brush it on the bad spots created by your guests. If it works on those stains, then you might want to consider using it on all of your carpeted areas.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Beach Runner said:
The only thing it seems to have had trouble with is the red Gatoraide that my daughter spilled on her bedroom carpet.

Something is wrong here. Where's Dr. Cade? He and your DH need to go at it. :boxing:

I also clean my own carpets, occasionally buy Prada. It's all about justification. :D

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Rita: While I clean my own carpets at home, I do not drive 6 hours to do so at the beach. We have used Beachy Clean and have been happy. They also did our water extraction post-Ivan and were very professional. (850) 685-0392. I think maybe they're based out of FWB?