• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Chloe

Beach Crab
Jun 26, 2006
My large family (consisting of several teen-agers, their parents, and grandmother) will be vacationing on 30a (Seacrest Beach area) the first week in July. I would really appreciate suggestions for casual, reasonably priced, and delicious restaurants along 30a. Thanks so much for your suggestions! Looking forward to a wonderful time!

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Chloe said:
My large family (consisting of several teen-agers, their parents, and grandmother) will be vacationing on 30a (Seacrest Beach area) the first week in July. I would really appreciate suggestions for casual, reasonably priced, and delicious restaurants along 30a. Thanks so much for your suggestions! Looking forward to a wonderful time!

There are multiple threads about this subject if you'll do a quick search. But places like you mention are disappearing faster than the beach at Blue Mountain.

Off the top of my head, you might check out Snapperheads, Seagrove Market, Shades at the Loop, etc. There are quite a few others, but only about half of what existed five years ago.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Angelina's Pizza is pretty tasty, but go early -- it gets crowded! Shades at the Loop, near Rosemary Beach, has good food and plenty of room but service is spotty. If you head off 30-A, east on 98, you will find the Spicy Noodle on the left about three miles down. Very good pizza and such I am told and worth getting out of the "comfort zone" for. The Seacrest Cafe in the Villages of South Walton is yummy for lunch and breakfast.

But JB is right -- there's definitely less to choose from.

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
Chloe, we enjoyed Shades at the Loop and Seacrest Cafe on our visit a few weeks ago. We had late lunches at both places and most menu items were $10 or less (with a few exceptions.) I had a very yummy grouper salad at Shades - never would have imagined grouper on a salad but it was simple and quite good (just field greens, chopped tomatoes and a piece of grilled fish, with a sweet pepper vinaigrette.) What I liked most about Seacrest Cafe was how spacious it was - and the food was good, too and very reasonably priced - kids menu items were huge and I think only $6. I've also heard good things about Angelina's and Seagrove Village Market. We probably would have tried Seagrove Market if I had realized the restaurant was BEHIND the market - drove by there several times and couldn't imagine there was much of a seating area! And if you feel like venturing a bit further west on 30A, I highly recommend Amore in Santa Rosa Beach for pizza, and Another Broken Egg in Grayton Beach for great breakfast (which is served until they close, at 2PM, I think.) I never get out early enough to get breakfast at places that only serve it til 10:30 or 11AM.

goin' coastal

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
My husband and I were just at our house near Seacrest for the week. I highly recommend the Fonville Press at ALYS Beach. It look snooty but everyone is sooo nice and friendly. The food and service for breakfast or lunch is excellent. Prices are reasonable for the area. Nice outdoor seating area with a fountain. Sweet story about John Fonville--he was our neighbor in Old Seagrove. He has moved to South FL.
The Wild Olive at Rosemary was reasonable and delicious too. Best grouper sandwich on 30A has got to be the Smiling Fish cafe at Gulf Place. The Publix at Carillon is not nearly as wild and busy as the Watercolor one. Have a great trip.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
There are lots . . . Red Bar, Blue Orleans, Bayou Bill's, Yianni's, Summer Kitchen, 331, Sea Bar, Elmo's Grill, Cafe Spiazza, Smiling Fish, Snapperhead's, Sally's, Panhandler's, Subway, Publix Deli, Summer Kitchen, Cocoon's, Seagrove Market, Pickles, Roly Poly, Grayton General Store, Coco's . . . .

I'm sure I'm missing some. Some wouldn't say they're all cheap but for SoWal they are. There are plenty more that are casual but more expensive.

I think we need a new thread. . . look for "most casual, more cheaper".

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Spicy Noodle is a good value and the portions of pasta are HUGE! They can accomodate a large party although there may be a wait (like anywhere else)

We also eat at Calypso in PCB on front beach road in front of Pier Park. Good and good prices.

There are sooooooooooo many places in SoWal it is just what you want to eat, spend, and how long you want to wait...

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
goin' coastal said:
My husband and I were just at our house near Seacrest for the week. I highly recommend the Fonville Press at ALYS Beach. It look snooty but everyone is sooo nice and friendly. The food and service for breakfast or lunch is excellent. Prices are reasonable for the area. Nice outdoor seating area with a fountain.

So true about Fonville Press - delightful place - staff was so attentive. I was waiting for a some friends (Cork & Sunshine) and they really made me feel welcome. Had a great cup of coffee and a wonderful HUGE fresh fruit plate for about $8. Better than Starbucks if you ask me! Never met any Sowallers at a Starbucks! (I also met Olive while visiting with Cork and Sunshine!)

bsmart

brain
Aug 19, 2005
Atlanta, GA.
lindabobhat said:
So true about Fonville Press - delightful place - staff was so attentive. I was waiting for a some friends (Cork & Sunshine) and they really made me feel welcome. Had a great cup of coffee and a wonderful HUGE fresh fruit plate for about $8. Better than Starbucks if you ask me! Never met any Sowallers at a Starbucks! (I also met Olive while visiting with Cork and Sunshine!)

I was highly impressed with the Fonville Press. I had the Dark Chocolate Mocha and it was awesome. I usually get a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks and I must say that the Fonville Press puts Starbucks to shame.