• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Hi guys! Long time, no post. We are down at Santa Rosa with our 4 and 6-year-olds. Can someone direct me to a good casual lunch spot that has good oysters and fish sandwiches and such? Going out at night is no longer an option. TIA!

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Thanks, but our experiences there have been less than memorable. Looking for a place a little smaller and is a true oyster bar. Surely there is something closer than driving to Appalachicola.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Thanks, but our experiences there have been less than memorable. Looking for a place a little smaller and is a true oyster bar. Surely there is something closer than driving to Appalachicola.

Although there are plenty of oyster bars around, if you don't like Stinky's then I can't help you. Might want to drive east til you hit the Apalach River.

jnealy

Beach Lover
Oct 25, 2011
For a good casual place with great fish sandwiches, I would recommend Santa Rosa Market Cafe. They don't have oysters though. I think the best oysters I've had are at Great Southern Cafe. Also you might try Hurricane Oyster Bar - very casual and they have both oysters and fish sandwiches!

If you are willing to drive to Destin, Tightlines was excellent for fish sandwiches, and though we didn't have oysters there, others on the TripAdvisor forum have spoken highly of them for raw oysters. There is also Boathouse Oyster Bar, 288 Harbor Blvd, Destin, FL 32541, 850-837-3645 - we haven't been in a couple of years, but it was fabulous then.

Hurricane is open for lunch and located at 37 Logan Lane, ph 231.0787. They are a great choice for you.

I'd avoid the seafood at Shorty's but the fish is excellent. There is something about that grill that imparts an amazing flavor to every fish cooked on it.

Another choice for lunch might be Nick's on the Beach, 2210 West County Highway 30A Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459, (850) 267-2117. Though I'd avoid the shrimp there, the fish sandwich was fabulous and we saw them serving raw oysters to a table at lunch (even though they aren't on the lunch menu) and we'd seen the huge bag of oysters come in just before that; it was handled by the owner, who seemed very expert with them.