• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lane Rees

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2006
With sadness, we should note the passing of Mrs. Catherine C. King, who died August 8, 2009 and funeral Tuesday August 11, 2009 at First United Methodist Church in DeFuniak Springs.

Mrs. King served Walton County for a number of years as Clerk of Courts as well as a teacher at Walton Senior High School and Okaloosa Walton Junior College (name has changed over the years).

Her late husband James King served as the Superintendent of Schools for Walton County.

Her brother-in-law Sam Pridgen served as Walton County Commissioner and later his wife and Mrs. King's sister Virginia Pridgen also served as County Commissioner.

Today Mrs. King's nephew and son of Virginia serves as our Walton County District 2 Commissioner.

Floral arrangements are being accepted or memorials may be made in Catherine King's memory to Renovation Fund, First UMC, PO Box 9, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435.

Last edited by a moderator:

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
With sadness, we should note the passing of Mrs. Catherine C. King, who died August 8, 2009 and funeral Tuesday August 11, 2009 at First United Methodist Church in DeFuniak Springs.

Mrs. King served Walton County for a number of years as Clerk of Courts as well as a teacher at Walton Senior High School and Okaloosa Walton Junior College (name has changed over the years).

Her late husband James King served as the Superintendent of Schools for Walton County.

Her brother-in-law Sam Pridgen served as Walton County Commissioner and later his wife and Mrs. King's sister Virginia Pridgen also served as County Commissioner.

Today Mrs. King's nephew and son of Virginia serves as our Walton County District 2 Commissioner.

Floral arrangements are being accepted or memorials may be made in Catherine King's memory to Renovation Fund, First UMC, PO Box 9, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435.

wow..........i'm sad :sosad:

I'll always remember her as one of the best teachers I've ever had.
I had an English Comp class at OWJC back in the early 70's that she taught. She was a wonderful instructor. :love:
I ran into her at the courthouse 20 years later and she acknowledged who I was and we reminisced about the days gone by. After that I'd looked for her every time I made the trip to Defuniak. She was a wonderful woman..............

mdd88jd

Beach Lover
May 26, 2008
Mrs. King's death

She was a great lady... had a great deal of foresight and led the Clerk's office into the computer and internet access world way ahead of most counties. Also had her as a teacher. Demanding, tough and inspring.... she will be missed.
M

North Lake

Beach Lover
Apr 15, 2007
She was a great lady... had a great deal of foresight and led the Clerk's office into the computer and internet access world way ahead of most counties. Also had her as a teacher. Demanding, tough and inspring.... she will be missed.
M

I too had her for Comm Skills 102 (2nd semester of Freshman Comp) at OWJC in 1971...truly a great teacher...and most patient with me as I recall. Was away from here with the Navy when she was in office, but Daddy made several trips with her and other constitutional officers as she was bringing computers into the Courthouse in the 80's. Her loss will be felt for some time.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
She was a terrific woman. Always professional and very progressive...condolences to her family. I will always remember her with fondness.

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
Mrs. King was Momma's teacher and basketball coach way back in '59. Our prayers of love and light go out to the King family.