• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
FYI - Some of you may remember that last year, Walton County hired six additional officers to handle traffic, ie - speeding. They have not been out in full force until yesterday, and the blue lights have been flashing non-stop since then. I guess they are preparing for Spring Break. Take special note on hwy 98 where the speed limits change from 65mph -> 55 -> 45. This is where they have been today (in front of CoCo's / USPS strip mall). They will also be on 30A, so don't say that you had no idea, when you see the blue lights flashing in your rear view mirror. ;-)

cavbaby

Beach Comber
Jun 4, 2005
whew!! Thanks for the heads up-- We'll be travelin' down on Thursday and I know they like to play hide and seek on 98--

Thanks again!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
If you are looking for only Sheriff's Uniform Patrol Cars, you may miss the Sheriff Dept's army camoflaged K-5 Chevy Blazer, manned by a Deputy with a radar gun. :shock: I saw him yesterday and today parked on the side of Hwy 98, clocking people.

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
That area that changes from 65 to 45 within about a 1/2 mile stretch is rediculous. It probably helps them meet a quota without having to think very hard.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
NOW I feel safe. Thanks for the heads-up; coming down tomorrow. The thing is, so many times I have driven on 30A and while in the process of obeying the speed limit, some hotshot is so close on my bumper I can count the hairs on their head. Hope the troops know how to cite for tailgaiting! :roll:

scrltbegonya

Beach Fanatic
Dec 14, 2005
SRB
Went by that area around 6:30pm tonite going the speed limit and watched an officer of the law pull out behind me. Sure enough, right in front of the Blue Mtn Beach Road (is it 283?) an unsuspecting speeder was pulled over.