• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:roll:...John R and his sarcasm. Got any photographic evidence?

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I am curious about something. Why does everyone say Cecilia is from the north? :dunno:

This is not a recommendation to vote for her so please don't take it as such, and I don't know where her primary residence is now, but I'm just sayin'. She was my now-34-year-old nephew's kindergarten teacher at Bay Elementary. Before she married Jerry (what, fifteen years ago, maybe?) she lived at Eastern Lake/Seagrove for YEARS. Did everyone forget that? :dunno:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
many people who are regulars here were not here that long ago...I really wish we could get beyond this North South thing....

Bdarg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Point Washington
I am curious about something. Why does everyone say Cecilia is from the north? :dunno:

This is not a recommendation to vote for her so please don't take it as such, and I don't know where her primary residence is now, but I'm just sayin'. She was my now-34-year-old nephew's kindergarten teacher at Bay Elementary. Before she married Jerry (what, fifteen years ago, maybe?) she lived at Eastern Lake/Seagrove for YEARS. Did everyone forget that? :dunno:

I removed my post as it did not come across as intended.

If it helps, all that I have ever heard about her was that she was the north county candidate in the 5th district. I have notice her hundreds of signs, often placed ten and twenty at a time, being knocked about by the wind.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I'm sorry...I didn't mean to drop the bomb on you; we are all on a bit of a weekend-before-election-day short fuse over here :creepy:. But it has just been amazing to me that many people have been saying that, leading others to believe it. Goodwitch is correct - most people haven't been here long enough to have the benefit of -uhh- background information. ;-)

bdarg, you are very correct about the signs. I haven't been out today (perhaps that is my problem) to see signs being blown around, but I too noticed uber-dozen of Cecilia's signs popping up last week and as many as there are, you KNOW not much effort was given to stomp the stakes securely in the ground!

5th Gen Local

Beach Comber
Jul 16, 2008
DeFuniak Springs
Where do you get your mail?

Visit this Republican Party of Florida Link, and send a letter to your current State Committee Woman, Cecila Jones, and see if it goes into a District 5 mailbox::yikes:

http://www.rpof.org/local.php

P.S. as a resident of North Walton, I love and appreciate our neighbors across the bridge. The diverse communities are what makes us great. I join in the collective rejection of this division line of thought. I do think you should have district resident representation. On the Hudson and Osborne debate I suggest you work it out and quick, or you will be tricked on this one.

DFSboy

Beach Lover
Jul 13, 2008
Visit this Republican Party of Florida Link, and send a letter to your current State Committee Woman, Cecila Jones, and see if it goes into a District 5 mailbox::yikes:

http://www.rpof.org/local.php

P.S. as a resident of North Walton, I love and appreciate our neighbors across the bridge. The diverse communities are what makes us great. I join in the collective rejection of this division line of thought. I do think you should have district resident representation. On the Hudson and Osborne debate I suggest you work it out and quick, or you will be tricked on this one.

This reminds me of how funny it is when people seem to believe that an endorsement from a former official will seal the deal, or even help significantly, as with Mr. Osborne's endorsement from Commissioner Meadows. Rest assured people, Mr. Osborne will not win the primary on Tuesday, endorsement or not.

This, however, is no disrespect to Commissioner Meadows. Thanks Ms. Meadows for your service, and sometimes not being afraid to stand-up for Walton County such as you recently demonstrated when discussing increased wages of BCC employees. I don't know of anyone that would NOT like to see a five dollar decrease on their property tax bill, Mr. Finance Director. Thanks Commissioner Meadows, but your not so popular that your endorsement will help Mr. Osborne to your current chair on the BCC. Sorry.

Walton Voter

Beach Comber
Feb 3, 2008
How True

This reminds me of how funny it is when people seem to believe that an endorsement from a former official will seal the deal, or even help significantly, as with Mr. Osborne's endorsement from Commissioner Meadows. Rest assured people, Mr. Osborne will not win the primary on Tuesday, endorsement or not.

This, however, is no disrespect to Commissioner Meadows. Thanks Ms. Meadows for your service, and sometimes not being afraid to stand-up for Walton County such as you recently demonstrated when discussing increased wages of BCC employees. I don't know of anyone that would NOT like to see a five dollar decrease on their property tax bill, Mr. Finance Director. Thanks Commissioner Meadows, but your not so popular that your endorsement will help Mr. Osborne to your current chair on the BCC. Sorry.

How True How True!

Commissioner Meadows endorsement could be the kiss of death to Mr. Osborne. Amazingly, many of the people of District 5 were not satisfied with Commissioner Meadows performance and her ability to answer phone calls in a timely manner, if ever!

One of her few best decisions was not to run!