• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
I am curious about something. Why does everyone say Cecilia is from the north? :dunno:

This is not a recommendation to vote for her so please don't take it as such, and I don't know where her primary residence is now, but I'm just sayin'. She was my now-34-year-old nephew's kindergarten teacher at Bay Elementary. Before she married Jerry (what, fifteen years ago, maybe?) she lived at Eastern Lake/Seagrove for YEARS. Did everyone forget that? :dunno:

I know that her primary address has been DeFuniak for years.

I lived in Columbus, Georgia for 22 years. Since I haven't lived there for the last 8, I don't think I'd make the best representative on the City Council there anymore. I simply don't understand their issues as they are today.

I don't think of it as a North/South thing per se. It's like me buying a tiny little place to raise chickens in the north part of the county and then deciding to run for a seat in District 2 or 3 or 4. I couldn't adequately represent those people, even if I had spent most weekends there. When I get involved in the community, I am involved with Scenic Pride or the Rep or SWCC. I care about District 5 issues because that is my home, that's where my friends live, this community is what we talk about over dinner with friends.

It's the difference between the letter of the law and the spirit of it. A person is supposed to live in the district because they are supposed to be part of the community they serve. If it's about service, and not merely a desire for elected office -- then one would want to represent their community that they are actively involved in now.

Cecelia Jones is the only candidate that does not belong to any groups I've been involved with, and/or sought support in person from one of those groups. She just doesn't feel like a member of this community.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Pardon my ignorance, what is the red chicklett for. I will assume it is something negative but why.

Cecelia Jones is the only candidate that does not belong to any groups I've been involved with, and/or sought support in person from one of those groups. She just doesn't feel like a member of this community.

She does, however, advertise that she belongs to certain churches in the Southern part of the county...yet another reason why she didn't get my vote.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
He may be tired of counting, but he has never been able to count to three - the best he has done is count to one many times.

Believe me I am not campaining. Just trying to have an open discussion about the race and the strategies involved. I have no tag line at the bottom of my posts indicating a choice for a particular candidate.

I have a view point on the strategies involved and that is all.

You don't need a tag line -- your negative campaigning shows in your posts. You take one particular clip out of context, since it is really four years of footage upon which you should be focusing. Alan has patiently, yet continuously provided evidence to the County, which the County has conveniently ignored, hoping that Alan would just go away. What they found out is that he didn't just go away. Back around Oct or Nov 2007, the County Commissioners placed a deadline on the developer turning over evidence of completed infrastructure. I believe that was due in Dec 2007. Alan had been attending every County Commissioners Mtg since that deadline, asking why they County refused to adhere to their own rules and deadlines. Four years of deadlines for an ef-up is way too long to drag anyone's feet.

Someone asked how one gets red chicklets. Look for the scales icon, to give positive or negative reputation. If one gets more negative rep, than positive rep, the chicklets go red.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
It would appear that the way you get them is to express a viewpoint that is different from someone.

They seem to represent one viewpoint and if yours differs then they light you up.

That is their right, I just believe in Free speech a little more than some.

I have grown to undertand that and now accept it for what it is.