1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

celebrating 27th anniversary

Discussion in 'Rentals - Vacation' started by bennifer, Aug 7, 2005.

1. bennifer

bennifer Beach Lover

well we have made it this far...but he wants to camp (to save money of course) on our anniversary at the beach...and while I would do it for the opportunity to come to the beach ***decided I would come to the "board of wisdom" :blink: and see if any one has or knows of a very inexpensive place for two mature adults to stay for 3 nights in sept-- :laughing1
    Thursday thru Sunday! starting the 15th of Sept. NO HURRICANES PLEASE!
    andi fnot thats ok I will still have this beach (thread) addiction!

what about B & B's? and I do want to stay on the beach of course :cool:
    thanks.

2. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

3. bennifer

bennifer Beach Lover

Oh Kurt! Yea compromise is the name of the game and the Cabin at Grayton Beach sounds great thanks! I will pass on the info (so he will think he thought of it :D ) and hope to have my toes in the sand toasting the big 27!

(I thought I would be older than I feel after this many years )

4. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

:lolabove: Wow you really have learned something over the years.

5. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

That's the tactic I used...we now have a place in SoWal. Thanks honey!!!

6. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Is he an Aquarius?

7. bennifer

bennifer Beach Lover

:cool: nope LEO and an engineer. So he has lots of original ideas :laughing1

for our 25th I had invisioned a romantic bed and breakfast and he got us a "yurt" in NC. and it turned out to be a fabulous weekend - and then he took the whole family (me and the 4 kids) on a excursion to alaska for one week! At first we thought he had lost his mind! a week in a winnabago with 4 kids aged 10- to 9months to an igloo area! It was so much fun that we asked to do it again two years later and brought my sister and her husband as well!

Now he thinks it is really funny that I am in the midst of this SoWal/30A addiction! and that is what he calls it to...an addiction. :razz: I hope one day to make it a bigger piece of our lives.... you lucky ducks on the beach year round!

Thanks again,
    jen

8. Paula

Paula Beach Fanatic

Hi Jennifer:

Congratulations on your anniversary! I just sent you a private email regarding one of our cottages that is available for those days at the Cottages at Camp Creek. It's not right on the beach, but it's a 4-5 minute walk to our beach access. It's very nicely equipped and would work very well for an anniversary. Just check your private messages and let me know if you're interested.

9. phdphay

phdphay Beach Fanatic

Congrats, jennifer, on 27! We had our 35th in June.

When we were building our house, we made 23 visits during about a one year period to meet with the architect and contractor. We had to avoid the ?ber expensive places, especially those that had a minimum stay. We really enjoyed staying at The Pensione at Rosemary Beach (http://www.thepensione.com/) because of the owners - it was like staying at someone's private home. We also got good rates at Gulf Place (http://www.abbott-resorts.com/abbott/propertyOverview.do?propertyGroupId=27653).

10. bennifer

bennifer Beach Lover

Oh thank you both so very much! for the affordable ideas :idea: ! and possibilities! :D

I had not been able to get on line the last two or three days so it was sucha great surprise to see some reply to my hopefilled post!

I am so hoping to be there on the 15th! I will let yall know-
    Jennifer

11. N.Voith

N.Voith Beach Comber

We have a lovely, brand new efficiency at the Villages of South Walton, Gulf View and a 4 min. walk from the beach. Also -- it's just next to Rosemary Beach. Great location. And, it would be perfect for a romantic getaway. Email me if you're interested at nancy.voith@eds.com

12. bennifer

bennifer Beach Lover

Thanks to all but we have been offered to stay free at sister-in-laws down the road in Destin...not the area that I really wanted or the atmosphere, but the price was too good for husband to pass up-3 nights free with minimum groveling :laughing1

13. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

14. bennifer

bennifer Beach Lover

:roll: aww thanks all of you and may you all stay hurricane safe on 30A! man oh man and just got the sand the way you wanted it too! :sosad: