Celebrity sightings

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Bob, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob

Bob SoWal Insider

Question for all. Now that SoWal is becoming "the" destination on the Gulf Coast, has anyone spotted any celebrities visiting the 30A area recently?? Of course, Nascar drivers don't count unless it's the "Kaang", Sir Richard Petty.

2. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

3. Elvis

Elvis Beach Lover

Whatchu talkin' 'bout boy?

4. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

E!!! Wazzup?!?!?! :idontno: Where ya been?!?!? :D

5. Elvis

Elvis Beach Lover

I been hangin' out in that litle girls hot tub. Don't tell nobody ya hear.

6. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

MUM"s the word ... E! :cool:

7. Elvis

Elvis Beach Lover

You awright boy. Ima gonna send you over a cadillac. :cool:

8. Bob

Bob SoWal Insider

Hey now!!!!!!!!!!!! I said the Kaaaaaaang, not the "KING". Tupelo to North Carolina is a million miles of twaaaaang.

9. Bob

Bob SoWal Insider

RiverOtter, That house looks like Seacrest/Rosemary Beach area kinda sorta. What do we have here? Robert Blake's attorney or a FEMA manager using the govt. credit card?

10. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

:rofl: LOL!! What plays in that hot tub (according to Kurt:cool: ) is one very HOT Singer Chick that is dating a very popular bicycle rider :D

11. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

Wow :oops: Thanks E! Could you make it one of these :D

[​IMG]

12. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Did you not see Brittany Spears in the news? She has a home in Destin and visits very frequently. The story of her pregnacy broke after she was rushed to the local hospital a month or so ago. She draws a big crowd. All of the tabloid paparatzi rushed into town to take photos.

Duke has also been seen around town. (Bass player for Elvis)

A guy who played with the Allman Bros., name not known by me, supposedly lives in Destin.

Several Pro football players, along with a few pro and college coaches, have homes down here.

Jim Carrey has been seen here and there.

Dixie Chicks

etc

I am sure there are others.

13. Bob

Bob SoWal Insider

Riverotter, Elvis may have second thoughts about giving a car that comes w/ a free Led Zeppelin CD.

14. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

I disagree.... Elvis is a very well known cover artist. I think he could do some great covers of say... The Immigrant Song, or maybe Stairway To Heaven, or what about E busting a move with the Lemon Song :D

15. StoneyJ

StoneyJ Beach Comber

The Allman Brothers player is probably Dave Goldflies who I know personally, he lives in Panama City and builds web pages.

Regarding football players All-Pro linebacker Kevin Green lives in Destin now. Jerry Jones of the Cowboys has a place in Four mile village. I see him come into Destin in his topped out Guflstream V on a regular basis. Lawrence Taylor has a place in the area.

Carolyn Murphy, the cover girl of the lastest Sports Illustrted Swimsuit addition is from Panama City Beach and Fort Walton Beach. She is also the Estee Lauder girl. Met her back in 1997.

Morgan Freeman came in through Destin airport on a stop over and had lunch at the Donut Hole. Wayne Rogers of M*A*S*H* fame lives in the area too. I interviewed him for a magazine feature a few years back. It is not easy getting celebs to do this since many of them are here for privacy.

Since I do a lot of aerial photography of the area I am at the Destin airport quite often and either see someone or hear about them afterwards from one of the pilots. Many if not most of the celebs are usually met planeside with an SUV (limo's two pretentious and draw too much attention). But more of them come in and out of here than you know.

In latest venture I hooked up with a scouting team from Paramount Pictures checking out scenes for a movie that will be have a scene filmed here. The scouting venture was an interesting experience. They were looking for a cafe/diner feel that had some rugged, weather-worn outdoorsman feel and it appears that they were enamored with Harbor Docks restaurant the most. But I have learned in this business you just never know. Looks like filming will be first three weeks in June.

[​IMG]

In picture L-R, Jeremy Conway, Production Design; Claudio Miranda, Director of Photography ; Tom Dey, Director (has directed Robert DeNiro, Eddie Murphy [Showtime], Jackie Chan and Own Wilson [Shanghai Noon] ; Ian McGregor, Location Scout; Moi; Vincente Lascoumes, Assistant Director. Not in the picture is the Executive Producer, Ron Bozman. He earned an Oscar in 1991 for producing Silence of The Lambs. They were about to board the plane behind them here in Destin and fly to Baton Rouge.

Finally here is an article in the Daily News that talked about the celebrity attraction.

This area doesn't seem to be as starstruck as many communities where these celebs might be overwhelmed. I think that is part of the area's appeal, they just seem to blend in.

Scott
    Mindlace
    [​IMG]
    Animation of 40 years of Development

Last edited: May 20, 2005
  16. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

Yes, but do you have any pics of Cheryl Crow :wub:

17. seagrovelover

seagrovelover little sugar

Hey E where ya been?! :wub: RO...maybe you should buy the house for sale next to the Crow residence :wink: just jokin :D

18. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

Don't think they'll sell it to me on my dashing good looks :D

19. JB

JB Beach Fanatic

Great stuff, StoneyJ. I hear The Architect, Karl Rove, has/is purchased property in Seagrove.

20. beachmouse

beachmouse Beach Fanatic

Emerald Coast magazine (I'm not sure why but it just shows up in my mailbox a couple times a year) had a picture of Sheryl Crow and Lance in Destin Commons last summer.

Bette Midler used to have a place on Destin Harbor. Sharon Stone reportedly has/had a house in Blue Mountain Beach. The guy who played John Boy Walton is reportedly a property owner in Seaside.

A couple years back, Britney was staying in a place in Destiny by the Sea, and it made the wire services when someone broke into the beach house and stole some of her home video tape out of it. And the Cox engagement was reported in the Daily News a couple weeks before People magazine picked up on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.