• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

elliedog

Beach Comber
Jun 16, 2005
Birmingham & WaterSound
We are staying at WaterSound this week and have Cingular and Verizon Cell phones. Neither have any signal. Are there Cell services that work in the WaterSound and Rosemary areas?

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I have Cingular service and it is spotty. At my house a couple hundred yards from 98 in Inlet Beach I have no service :pissed: But as soon as I hit 98 I get full bars :dunno: I usually have decent service around Rosemary and Watersound as I work that area.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Our Cingular works well down at WC. This has not always been the case, but it was fine last October.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
elliedog, I have found Alltel to be the most reliable cell service covering Walton County and more specifically SoWal. Anytime I hear someone complaining about reception, they usually are not using Alltel.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
it seems the absolute dead zone in wc with alltel is anywhere around camp watercolor, extending for two blocks in any direction from the park. you will need to be out of doors. hopefully that will change if they can ever get a provider to commit to going onto their tower.

jr

josebby

Beach Lover
Aug 14, 2005
We have a townhome in WaterSound. Our guests' cells work only on the porch by the railing, overlooking the beach. It's tough, but what a view!
Cell service is fine on the beach (there's something wrong about a phone on the beach!) or on the grounds.
Try the porch trick. It may work for you.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
josebby said:
We have a townhome in WaterSound. Our guests' cells work only on the porch by the railing, overlooking the beach. It's tough, but what a view!
Cell service is fine on the beach (there's something wrong about a phone on the beach!) or on the grounds.
Try the porch trick. It may work for you.

That is exactly what we found at WC until this last visit. I agree that the phone on the beach just looks wrong, but what really kills me is the ringing of the phone on the beach!!! :bang:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
30A Skunkape said:
My Sprint service seems to work well up and down 30A. Never have tried it on the beach, that seems to defeat the whole purpose of being on the beach.
...unless you are trying to make your friends jealous, calling them from the beach every sunset. :rotfl:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
...unless you are trying to make your friends jealous, calling them from the beach every sunset. :rotfl:

Yes, that is a kick to do. Cruel in a funn way!!!