• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
:dunno:

Please forgive me if this has been posted before, but I'm fairly new to SoWal.com. I have always heard chain restaurants are not allowed on 30A- is this true? If it is true, why is Starbucks still able to open? I know there is one in Grayton, one coming to Watercolor and I think Rosemary Beach too.

Thoughts? :dunno:

I agree- I do NOT want to see chains all up and down 30A. It ruins the whole thing! :eek:

I'm an Auburn alum and Auburn was always a quaint town, but now when I drive through, I am so sad to see all the big chains all over- not to mention the cosmetic surgery center!

I love 30A and really hope it doesn't get filled up with this stuff- that Subway really irritates me too! :pissed:

PS- we love Houston's too! :)

I agree- I do NOT want to see chains all up and down 30A. It ruins the whole thing! :eek:

I'm an Auburn alum and Auburn was always a quaint town, but now when I drive through, I am so sad to see all the big chains all over- not to mention the cosmetic surgery center!

I love 30A and really hope it doesn't get filled up with this stuff- that Subway really irritates me too! :pissed:

I know all about Auburn and chains. When our Weimaraner was reallly ill, Auburn was the closest vet school, and while she was being treated, the only alternatives that I could find were chains. We ate at Ruby Tuesday's at Exit 51 the day she died. I'll never go to Ruby Tuesday's again. Makes me too sad.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
My guess is that it would be illegal for the County to say that no chains were allowed, and that is probably why the County went at it from another angle, no drive-ins.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood

I'm going to AU in a couple weeks and have a feeling I'm not going to recognize it...