• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Maybe Seaside will plant a tree in honor of Mr. Modica, in a place where people can sit in its shade, kind of like the "Giving Tree", since he gave so much to Seaside. Or a cool sculpture to honor him.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Maybe Seaside will plant a tree in honor of Mr. Modica, in a place where people can sit in its shade, kind of like the "Giving Tree", since he gave so much to Seaside. Or a cool sculpture to honor him.

That is a nice thought. But it makes me smile to think that the market will be there to serve many more generations, providing comfort (and shade). And as you sit out front under the awning, Mr. and Mrs. Modica will always be there smiling down at you. Figuratively, and literally from their oval photo.

seal.jpg

That's about as good a legacy as any of us could hope to have.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Mr. Modica sounds like one of the good guys, whose ranks are now a little thinner here. God bless his loved ones during this sad time. Long live his legacy.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
I was stunned to read this this morning. He is an icon and his legacy will be legendary. God bless this wonderful man and his beautiful family, also comfort to our community that will miss him so greatly. Rest in Peace.

Seaside Events

Beach Fanatic
Dec 16, 2008
To our friends at SoWal.com and throughout the community, here is the info on the services for Mr. Modica. Services for Mr. Modica will be held at St. Rita Catholic Church on Saturday, October 23rd at 11AM. St. Rita is located at 137 Moll Drive in Santa Rosa Beach, FL. In addition, the Modica family asks that, in lieu of flowers, guests make a donation in the name of Charles Modica, Sr. to the Cardiac Department at Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast (850.278-3700).

Please pass this along to your family and friends. Thank you for the support and kind words.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Thinking of his family and friends at this time. I hope the store will continue for a long, long, time. Ellen

HD Lady

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach
My symapthies to the Modica's. I know they will miss Mr. Modica very much. Mr. Modica was a wonderful family man and business man as well. I know we will miss his smile and soft gentle southern accent. God Bless you Mr. Modica.