• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Poodleone

Beach Fanatic
Jun 27, 2006
Kerens, Texas
Back in February, there was a very interesting thread discussing a wide variety of cheap eats in the area, including pot luck and rotisserie chicken from Publix. Now that the summer season is almost over, would you add or subtract any recommendations for those of us coming in September? Thanks in advance.;-)

(All of the posts are gone.) My earlier response was that cheap for us is an entree under $10, and those choices are getting harder and harder to find around here. So we usually cook - simple grilled seafood and a veggie. Then we'll splurge on Borago one night.

Hey, jhbeebe, what entrees do you have under $10?

Last edited:

potatovixen

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
PCB
www.myspace.com
Sushi at Old FLorida Fish House. Tuesday is ladies' night: $2 off sushi and half off drinks.

All Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers (including applewood smoked bacon), Chi Town Style Rueben, Grilled or Fried Grouper Sandwiches, Applewood Smoked BLT, Club Sandwich, Grilled Tuna Sandwich, Bowl of Gumbo, Veggie Sandwich, Seafood Nachos, Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Buffalo Wing Basket, Turkey Sandwiches, ect.

There is really to much to list. 70% of our menu is under $10. That is a rarity in SoWal and especially along 30-A. Plus our locals get a 10% discount. We are having much higher food and beverage costs from our suppliers due to the high gas prices, and we are trying to balance this out accordingly.
Thanks for the info. We'll try it.

potatovixen

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
PCB
www.myspace.com
I stopped in for lunch today for my first try there, walked in and there was not a soul in the place. :shock: And the sushi bar was cleaned out. :scratch:

I've never been there for lunch. There's usually a decent-sized crowd for dinner, though.

water baby

Beach Lover
Sep 25, 2006
Seagrove
I've never been there for lunch. There's usually a decent-sized crowd for dinner, though.

OFFH isn't open for lunch, unfortunately. We do have early bird specials from 4:30 until (I think) 6:45. The menu is a bit smaller but it is a great deal. It's buy one entree get one (of equal or lesser value) for FREE! Can't beat that.:clap_1:

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
We'll be there in February. It's already on my calendar (I make a list of "must try/must do" things for my next vacation in SoWal and OFFH is on my list. I've always enjoyed it there, though haven't tried the sushi.

scrltbegonya

Beach Fanatic
Dec 14, 2005
SRB
OFFH isn't open for lunch, unfortunately. We do have early bird specials from 4:30 until (I think) 6:45. The menu is a bit smaller but it is a great deal. It's buy one entree get one (of equal or lesser value) for FREE! Can't beat that.:clap_1:

today, i noticed the sign advertising that special. quite tempting!