Cheap jobs in the Walton County School System

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by Independent Thinker, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Independent Thinker

Independent Thinker Beach Lover

Walton County Superintendent of Education Carlene Anderson has hired Alexis Tibbits, former Superintendent of Okaloosa County Schools to replace Rosemary Ragle. As most of you may already know, Carlene Anderson had the locks changed on Rosemary Ragle's door first thing in the morning after the election, before Mrs. Ragle reported to work. She did not even have the decency to talk to Mrs. Ragle before changing the lock to her office or to tell her she was being replaced as ESE Coordinator. Both Carlene and Alexis contributed to each others campaign, it appears they were hedging their bets, buying access to another job in case of defeat ? I'm not being slanderous, and no I can't prove that, but it sure smells fishy.
    No one has to reply that I'm only posting this because I don't like Ms. Anderson, I'll say it, I don't, and I think she is a lousy Superintendent. Thats my opinion, what yours ?

2. BeachRob

BeachRob Beach Lover

Replacing the ESE Coordinator midyear is... wait for it... wait for it... ill-advised?

3. Alicia Leonard

Alicia Leonard SoWal Insider

In the little town with FUN in the middle
    Via WZEP Dec. 6- WCSD To Hire For Retiring Ewing

"The Walton County School District has been working through applications for a replacement for the retiring Mark Ewing. Ewing is one of several Curriculum Coordinators, a position title recently approved by the Board to cover a number of job duties. The applications have been received and a three member team will rank them and present the list to Superintendent Carlene Anderson. Anderson should make a recommendation of the topped rank to the Board. Former Okaloosa School Superintendent and principal Alexis Tibbets is one of the applicants.

Anderson says she expects to have a recommendation based on the review team to the Board at the December 18th meeting. The pick will be on the personnel recommendations. At this time it is unknown who the top ranked person will be."

I just requested confirmation of this information this afternoon.-AL

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  4. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Thank you Alicia. This is what I heard as well.

5. Alicia Leonard

Alicia Leonard SoWal Insider

In the little town with FUN in the middle
  6. j p nettles

j p nettles Banned

There are obviously enough voters in Walton County who are satisfied with the unethical and in some cases, illegal activity by Anderson. And here's another little something that's going to happen in the not too distant future. The charter school's charter is coming up for renewal in a few months. The corporation that operates the charter school, the Rader Group contributed to Anderson's campaign. Anderson will recommend that the charter be renewed. The board will rubber stamp it. But let's face it, in Walton County and most of Florida for that matter, ethics is whatever you can get away with.

7. beachmouse

beachmouse Beach Fanatic

Tibbets also interviewed for a job at NWFSC. According to someone who went to her job talk for the position, she managed to pretty much take the opposite position on a couple of key issues that the current administration holds pretty dear in her talk, and she was not offered the job.

8. Independent Thinker

J P, I believe you hit the nail on the head, I totally agree with you.

9. j p nettles

j p nettles Banned

Follow the money. Anderson also was on the receiving end of at least $6000 from Jay Odom in 2008. You know the six million dollar hangar man and the developer of Hammock Bay and the park out there. But some people will vote for one party regardless of how corrupt they might be. Look at Jesse Jackson Jr. The only difference between the voters in that Chicago district and some of the voters in Walton County is the voting blocs are on opposite extremes.

10. DaleDalbey

DaleDalbey Beach Fanatic

11. j p nettles

j p nettles Banned

The meetings are short because the real business is done behind closed doors. That's the way Her Royal Highness wants it.

12. bazinga

bazinga Beach Crab

Well its official. Alexis Tibbets was hired at the Board meeting last night and started work today. It must be nice to have friends in high places, that way when the voters of your county have had enough of your crap and vote you out of office, you just go to work for your buddy in the next county over for a cush job and big $$$. Thanks Walton County School Board for once again rubber-stamping Carlene's dirty agenda.

13. Independent Thinker

Told ya so, they just had to go through the "formalities". Now there is speculation Tibbets may not even stay for the entire school year because she only needs to work a few weeks to finish out her drop program for her retirement. We'll see, rumors have it that she may be seeking a State job. I wonder if this is where her buddy Speaker of the House Gaetz comes in ? Walton County's Superintendent and School Board are a joke and an embarrassment. But that seems to be what the county's Republican majority wants and likes, so thats what we have. It's a shame but unfortunately thats the way it is.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  14. DaleDalbey

DaleDalbey Beach Fanatic

I thank God every day that he has blessed me with the ability and willingness to sacrifice so that I can send my child to a private school in Walton County. This from someone who has been a public school advocate all of my life. While I am disgusted with school leadership, I do not hold them accountable. The people who voted them in do not hold them accountable, why should I? It does however cause me to be profoundly disappointed in the voters of this county. Inexplicable. Oh wait...I have to believe if you would vote for Anderson, you need time to grab a dictionary.

15. meggiemom

meggiemom Beach Lover

I'm blown away that the wimps in this county know what is going on in the schools and sit by and do nothing. I've heard that complaints have been filed against Carlene Anderson and the state attorney and the ethics commission simply ignores them. It's too bad we don't have somebody on the school board with some sense of right and wrong but obviously they just sit on their hands and collect a nice check for sitting around at the board meetings looking bewildered.

16. luca brazzi

luca brazzi Banned

Seems to me Carlene Anderson should be investigated on a number of violations, indicted, tried, convicted and jailed.

17. Dawn

Dawn Beach Fanatic

Please state one or more criminal charge you believe her guilty of that she could be convicted of and sent to jail for.

18. Independent Thinker

Personally I doubt there is any proof of criminal activity, but her lack of ethics, integrity, honesty, and total disregard of respect for employees of the sytem is appalling. There are leaders and there are dictators, she is the latter.

19. Andy A

Andy A Beach Fanatic

Would somebody please inform us of the whereabouts these days of Rosemary Ragle?

20. meggiemom

meggiemom Beach Lover

A former teacher friend who was terminated showed me her application for re-employment and one of the questions was, "have you ever been denied continued employment?" How does one answer such a question when the gutless wonders in the Walton School District find it "ethical" not to reveal that? Of course the truth is that they want inexperienced entry level teachers that they can pay entry level salaries.