• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
It looks like you may have enough players- then after one or two afternoons and lots of people happening by and word of mouth, you will end up with quite a group I'm sure!

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
jdarg said:
If you need an organizer, let me know. Bdarg and I started a chess club at Will's elementary school. I know, shocking, my name and chess mentioned together. ;-) Actually, I don't play, but I can get y'all some cute matching chess t-shirts if you want an official "look".:rotfl:

Will that turn into "shirts and skins" like in basketball? While we are talking about taking off clothes...I used to play strip darts with my exhusband. It's like strip poker, but I had a better chance at winning.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
jdarg said:
It looks like you may have enough players- then after one or two afternoons and lots of people happening by and word of mouth, you will end up with quite a group I'm sure!
So far, I have four people signed up, and yes, that is enough to start. We would like to have a few more people for more challenges, but maybe they will come with time. Tentatively, we are getting together at Cerulean's around 4:30pm on Tuesday and will go from there. So if you have a game and a friend to bring, bring it on.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
So far, I have four people signed up, and yes, that is enough to start. We would like to have a few more people for more challenges, but maybe they will come with time. Tentatively, we are getting together at Cerulean's around 4:30pm on Tuesday and will go from there. So if you have a game and a friend to bring, bring it on.

I notice that you have these games tied in with cocktail hour. I guarantee chess will be a big hit. Will winners or losers buy drinks? ;-)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Mermaid said:
I notice that you have these games tied in with cocktail hour. I guarantee chess will be a big hit. Will winners or losers buy drinks? ;-)
As I mentioned, I am going for something a little different. I will probably be drinking hot tea, but to each his or her own.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Smiling JOe said:

Might stop by. It's been years for me but used to love to play so I'll try to stop by and size up the competition to see if I would drag anybody down.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
c175bcdb.jpg

We had our first Chess Match today at Cerulean's in WaterColor. It was great and we expect to grow a little bit. For anyone wanting to join us, we are making it a regular thing on Tuesdays from 4:30pm - around 6:30pm. All levels welcome. If you don't play Chess, bring a friend and another game to play and it can become Game Day Tuesdays.

danhall

Beach Lover
Jul 14, 2006
danhallstudio.com
What a great place for scholarly competition. I enjoyed the matches and the frosty Newcastles. I know SJ will want some revenge next week....

Seriously, i had a blast. I can't wait for more challengers....good games at a beautiful location. a perfect afternoon...

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
You are darn tootin, Dan. Take me to your leader, the King, at once. Off with his head! Thanks for playing Dan. Rob Roy showed up shortly after you left and he and J Dogg were still playing when I left.