• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
We took our grandson, Justin, to see the Reflections lights around the round lake in DeFuniak Springs. Costs $3 each except for kids which is good because he fell asleep immediately. Me and Paw Paw enjoyed the foggy night quietly.

Very nice, I love it. Love the lights reflecting in the water. Thanks for taking the pics. The colored lights really set it off.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I'm trying to work out a roadtrip- see the lights around the lake, then go to Red Bay Grocery for dinner!

I'm trying to work out a roadtrip- see the lights around the lake, then go to Red Bay Grocery for dinner!

excellent plan. pick up dinner for tomorrow and really make the trip worth while. all that wonderful smoked turkey and chicken and the sauce to go with. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY

I might go tomorrow when they have fried catfish. I don't like fish, particularly catfish, but I tell ya that is really good stuff at the RBG.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Visit Museum Before Lights

Be sure to stop by the Walton County Heritage Museum before you tour the lights around the lake. The museum is open Wed. - Sat. 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. The museum is decorated for Christmas. See if you can spot the elves climbing on the caboose. You'll have time after visiting the museum to shop or have dinner before the light display begins. The museum has historic books and commemorative stones for sale.

brenda-rees-albums-walton-county-museum-caboose-vc-picture5289-walton-county-museum-11-09-decorated-christmas.jpg

Walton County Heritage Museum decorated for Christmas and located on the historic circle in DeFuniak Springs on same route/circle for light display.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
excellent plan. pick up dinner for tomorrow and really make the trip worth while. all that wonderful smoked turkey and chicken and the sauce to go with. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY

I might go tomorrow when they have fried catfish. I don't like fish, particularly catfish, but I tell ya that is really good stuff at the RBG.

Their BBQ will rock your socks, too.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Just got back from DFS, and they are AWESOME. Walked around the lakeyard twice; once at the bottom and once at the top. I would have enjoyed the driving tour, but noooooo...at least I got my exercise. Word of advice - if you walk around the lake, at the bottom, in the dark, pack a snorkel. Lake's at flood level, and I ran out of sidewalk a couple of times. :blush:

Then - I think SWGB mentioned a house in Tally that is synchronized with lights/decorations/radio. There is one is DeFuniak too! Out Bay Drive (jdarg, that's the road from DFS to Red Bay) a mile or two, left on Oxford, tune to 107.3. Phenominal!

Word is that lights are also awesome down South 2nd Street, in Pine Shores. We didn't make it that far. However, we finished up with our annual tradition of looking for lights and unique decorations on Quebec Avenue. ;-)

Gawd, I'm tired!