South Walton's Community Website
Beach Like A Local!
Create Account
New posts


Beach Comber
Feb 17, 2010
Hi, I was in for the month and picked up a live tree. Any suggestions for disposal, including hopefully some kind of recycling option?

I'm in a house serve by WM trash pickup but hoping there's a place I can drop the tree where it would be turned into mulch?



SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Waste Management is recycling the trees and turning them into mulch.

From Walton Outdoors:
Place your old tree at the curb on your designated yard debris pick up day. Waste Management asks that any tree taller than 6 ft. be cut in half. The trees will be transported to the Walton County landfill, then processed on their chipper. Mulch will be available free to county residents and available the first week in Jan.
For those that do not have garbage pick up, the County is accepting the trees at the landfill located at 1118 Institution Road, DeFuniak Springs 32433. The landfill is open Mon. – Fri. 6 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Sat. 7 a.m. – 1 pm. Telephone (850) 892-8180
New posts